Chapter twenty-nine

‘Don’t close your eyes and wait for the pain to stop you, close your eyes and wait for love to guide you.’

“What are you going to do next?” I tried to make my way through the crowd, while listening to Beans.

“What do you mean?” I bumped into multiple people, as it looked like there were more people in the hallway than normal. The ethos on school has been off all day, but I haven’t managed to figure out why.

“Well with the Guy,” She paused for a moment looked around and leaned in closer. “and Damon thing.” She whispered, her eyes shooting over the crowd.  I shrugged at her, as we slowly approached my locker.

“I have to tell Guy.” She laughed and I opened my locker.

“Yes you do, but why do I have this feeling that, that is going to be really hard” I shut my locker and turned to look at her.

“I know it’s not supposed to be this hard, but it’s just him.” She sighed and pushed herself from the locker she was leaning against.

“I know that you like Guy, but remember what you feel for Damon. The way you talked about him, the sparkles in your eyes and the smile on your face all said one thing. Love.” I put on my jacket and looked at her.

“We’ll see, talk to you later.” And I walked away.

“Bye.” She spoke softly, as I walked away from her. I had been having a hard time facing Guy, but it was Friday so I had to go speak to Damon first. And just get my mind off things, just looking in his eyes could get my mind totally blank.

The hallway was slowly running down as I made my way towards the little room. The scene I was seeing in front of my eyes, was something I had never expected. Mrs. Sweets stood there in front of the closed door, talking to two police man. I slowed my pace and stared at them the moment I managed to stop walking. I stood there observing the three people in front of me, until they turned around and Mrs. Sweets pointed towards me. I turned around hoping it was someone else, standing behind me, but unfortunately there wasn’t anyone else. I sighed, pulled at the seam of my shirt as the two man walked my way. Every one of their footsteps hit me like someone stabbed me in my stomach.

“Jamey-Moon Rouge?” I swallowed at the hearing of my full name, especially coming from the big man standing in his blue suit.

“Yes.” My voice cracked, I know it’s bad to always assume the worst but seeing two police man looking for me makes it harder to think positive. My heart was pounding in my throat, trying to cut a way out. My heart in my throat stopped the saliva for being able to enter my mouth, and that’s when I realized I was drying out.

“Can we ask you some questions?” I closed my eyes, took some deep breaths and looked at the men in front of me again.

“I don’t know what this is about, but if you suspect me from something you have to contact my legal guardians or our lawyer. I’m sorry but I’m under aged so I can’t really help you without a grown up accompanying our conversation.” The two man looked at each other, and were about to nod their heads at me when Mrs. Sweets walked up to us.

“I’ll accompany her in your conversation.” I looked at her, why would she do that to me?

“Don’t you have to be like an assigned legal guardian?” I really tried to slip out of it, the last time I talked to the police it was about me killing my stepdad. And trust me when I say it wasn’t a nice talk, I was 12 and the woman talking to me was so harsh. I cried nonstop that day. I cried nonstop that year.

“Please Jamey, it’s about my brother. These two men, just want to ask you some simple questions.” It weren’t the two man that stabbed me, she was the reason for the sudden aching in my chest. I wanted to yell at her, scream at her, hit her and kick her in her guts. Not because she urged me to talk to them, but because she was the one who spoke the wrong words It’s about my brother’’. But I couldn’t just suddenly hit her in the face, I had to be strong and not show my emotions or I would ruin everything.