Chapter ten

'If you're brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello'

Chapter ten

“It’s not the right size.” I pulled down the skirt that made my ass look bigger than it already was, I stepped back into the changing room and took of the skirt.

“It looked beautiful.” Guy screamed from somewhere in the shop, I groaned and put on my jeans.

“This is not going to work.” I took of the white blouse I was wearing and looked at reflection in the mirror, I had a bite mark on the place where Guy bit me. It was turning red and to be honest it was stinging. We sat on the road with me on his lap for five minutes when he stood up and walked towards the car, his eyes were still watery but he wasn’t crying.

He parked the car besides the old house and I walked towards the front door. The house was in the weeks before Halloween a Halloween shop, the rest of the year empty and on Halloween it was a haunted house. The best place to celebrate Halloween, it was a big house and every room had a secret. Well that’s how it goes most of the time, every year is different. This was all that Guy knew about the house and frankly I didn’t feel like wanting to know about this house, it had something that made me want to stay as far away from it as possible. But it wasn’t really up to me to decide where to go, Guy had the keys, the car and the driver’s license I was completely helpless.

I put on my shirt and stepped out the changing room. Guy was already on his search for other clothes, when I saw it. There it was a black tutu and because my white blouse already fitted I thought about how beautiful it would fit together, I grabbed the tutu and stepped back into the changing room. I hopped out of my jeans, trying to stay in the changing room during the progress but it was hard. I put on the tutu and the white blouse, I pushed the bottoms of the blouse in my skirt and looked at myself.

“Hah perfect.” I said and grabbed the red bow tie, which Guy had already picked out, and put it around the collar. I rolled up my sleeves and approved the outfit.

“What is perfect?” Guy opened the curtains and looked at me, his eyes screening over my entire body.

“I think the skirt is too long.” I looked at the skirt, which barely covered my ass, and rolled my eyes at Guy.

“This is what you get.” He moaned but nodded, and got out of my changing room.

“What are you wearing?” I said pulling the blouse over my head, I got no response.

“Guy?” I pulled shirt over my head and opened the curtain to see where Guy was, there was nobody out there. Not that there was anyone before but at least then there was a saleswoman, Guy and me, but now it was just me.

“Don’t try and scare me, I can get very violent when I’m scared. So I’ll just kick your ass.” I stepped back into the changing room and continued changing, after finishing I walked out of the changing room with the clothes I was going to buy. Well Guy was going to buy them, but that’s not important.

“Don’t be like this.” I walked over to the counter and when there was no response I was getting scared, not because there was something going on but because Guy was going to scare me.

“You’re going to die.” I yelled as I pressed the bell on the counter for the 100th time.

With a loud moan I sat down on the ground, my back pressed against the counter.

“Jamey? Jamey? Jamey?” Guy yelled, his voice full of fear. I sighed and looked up to the boy entering the room, his shirt was covered in ‘blood’ and his eyes were watery. The moment his eyes fell on me he hurried over to me.