Chapter 2

"Rule one of getting over a serious break up,is switching it up a a bit." Eleanor smiles,shoving me into a chair in her room.

"El,I like the way I am." I say childishly.

"Calm down. We're only gonna change,your hair for example." She runs her little fingers through my feathery black hair.

"Whatever you say El. Let's get it over with." I try to conceal ny smile with a scowl,but this is actually really exciting for me.

Gotta get him out my hair

Cause he was just a dick and I knew it

Got me going mad sitting in this chair

Like I don't care

Gotta get him out my hair

"El,what song is this?" I ask. She checks her phone and shows me.

"The most ironic song at the moment." She giggles.

Of course the song is called Hair,and it's about changing up some to get over an ex. El obviously chose this song for this occasion.

"How long does it take for my hair to change?" I'm going mad sitting in this chair,waiting for my hair to turn blonde. El might have bleached it wrong.

"Oh stop being a baby. It takes a few minutes before your hair is fully blonde." I take anotherlook in the hand mirror,she's right. I'm already starting to see the color change.

"Do you always have to be right?" I joke.

"Yep." She teases nudging my shoulder. We break out laughing,until tears start pricking my eyes.

I don't know where I would be without El.

"Okay,blue or red?" She chimes,holding up two different colored hair dyes.

Without hesitation I yell out,"Red!"

El laughs to herself. She tosses the blue dye bottle onto the horrific mess she calls a bed,before pulling on a pair of plastic gloves,pours the blood looking liquid into her palms,and starts rubbing it into my hair.

"Ew,Eleanor it feels so gross." I squeal. She tells me to be a man for a few minutes and continues with her routine of smacking my head,amd rubbing blood into it.

"Okay so,I wouldn't lay my head down on anything for the next couple hours,and you should wash your hair in a few minutes to get all the excess dye out." Spoken like a real barber El.

"Okay El. I'll show you the finished project later tonight." Actually I'll just stay here.

"Just stay over,it's not like we're gonna do anything. You like dick I like dick,the worst case scenario is we use the same vibrator." I gag at the thought. Vibrators are so fucking gross.

"Playing love. Now go clean that shit outta your hair,take a shower,and watch Preety Little Liars with me." I roll my eyes and run off ti the bathroom.

I place my hair under the water,watching the blood color flow down the drain. This is what's best for me. This will help me severe all tied from him. I have faith in myself. This time is the end.

I step out of the shower,using a Navy blue towel to dry my damp hair. I take a look in the mirror,a smile spreading on my face. My hair looks hot. It's very contrast to my eyes,yet the deep blue looks preety good with the Crimson red.

"El,this looks amazing!" I squeak with excitement. She peeks up from her laptop, a grin concealed by the top of the device.

"Damn right! Now get your faggot ass over here." I laugh.

"Shut up Eleawhore." I giggle jumping on the bed beside her.

We are never really mean to each other. We've been called alot of shit by people,it used to hurt,but now we just make jokes about it. Sometimes she calls me faggot and I'll call her Eleawhore. Our friendship is very strange.

- The Next Morning -

Holy shit! I throw Eleanor's covers to the side and rush into the bathroom,emptying my stomach into the toilet bowl.

"Are you okay?" El walks in rubbing my back as I continue throwing up into the toilet.

"Yeah,I'm fine. I think it's just a stomach bug. I must've caught it at the party." I finish my vomit cycle, brush my teeth,andnd suddenly I want pancakes.

"El,I want pancakes." Her eyes blow wide. She runs to her room returning with her car keys and andnd change if clothes for me.

"We're going to the doctors. You hate pancakes." She's right. Why the hell would I ask for them?

"El,calm down. I don't know why I said pancakes. I want pickles." She gives me a strange look,before handing me a jar of mini pickles.

I open it so swiftly,the memory is but a blurr. I start tossing five pickles at a time into the cave of my mouth.

God they are so good!

"Colin,I still think we should go to the hospital. It could be more than a stomach bug." Her calm voice is laced with so much worry.

"If it'll make you feel better,we'll go make sure it's a stomach virus." She smiles and gives me the change if clothes she'd brought down only moments earlier.

-The Hospital -

The drive was torturous. On a normal day we would be been here in ten minutes max,but this time it took us a whole fucking hour! Every few meters,we pulled over because, I had to vomit.

Maybe Eleanor is right. What if this is more than just a stomach bug?

"Stay here while I go get you scheduled." I nod and sit in the cold metal hospital chair. My stomach tightens as I rush to the nearest garbage can.

"Damn are you okay?" I look up meeting a pair of green eyes. The boy gives me a charming,yet worried smile. His brown hair is pushed back,revealing a faded scar above his left eyebrow.

"Yeah,I'm fine." I say,immediately vomiting after speaking.

"You don't look fine. Is there anyone else here with you?"

"Yes,I'm his best friend. Eleanor." She walks over to my area,introducing herself to,what's his name.

"Noah. Nice to meet you Eleanor." Noah. That's easy to remember.

"Colin Nelson." El guides me to where the doctor called my name.

"I'm Colin Nelson." I mutter. Noah walks up to us,helping El to keep me steady. Fuck I must really be sick.

"Okay Colin,follow me." Here goes nothing.

Noah and Eleanor help me onto the cold metal table,Noah's green eyes raking up and down El's slim figure.

"Hello,I'm Dr . Mitchell. What brings you in today?" The doctor doesn't seem that old. Maybe late 20's or early 30's.

"He's been vomiting alot since this morning and has been having stomach cramps. He says it's a virus,but I'm not sure." El says. Dr.Mitchel looks to me for reassurance,I nod and he jots down the information.

"Okay Colin,lay on your back and pull your shirt up please." I give him a strange look,but follow his instructions. "This will be as little cold." He squeezes the gooey liquid onto his hands and,HOLY FUCK! IT'S COLD!

"Calm down Colin." Noah gives me a encouraging smile. I nod,and watch as Dr.Mitchel wheels some machine into the room.

He sits a flat extintion of the machine onto my stomach,where he placed the gel. He moves it around until he stops and and t certain spot.

He stares at the machine,his face going from surprised to confused to surprised again.

"What is it Doc?" Eleanor asks the question we're all thinking.

"Well,this is unexpected." What?

"What is unexpected?" I ask crankily.

He takes a deep breath before speaking again. "Well Colin congratulations." Congratulations? For what?

"You're pregnant."