Chapter 23

Colin

I sit in class, avoiding the stares from all of the students. I've been out for so long, I've totally forgotten how shitty High School is.

"Babe, are you okay?" Steven stops the class to ask.

"Yeah, Stevey." I smile up at him, but clearly he can read my emotions like an open book.

"Okay, you guys just work amongst yourselves. Colin, come here."

I walk up to his desk, and he pulls me in between his legs. I rest my forehead against his, knowing how close I am to crying.

"Baby, what's wrong? I know something I bothering you." He looks at me with his big brown eyes, worry burning in them.

"I just miss our baby, and on top of that I just found out my Dad has been fucking my ex best friend, plus these pricks in here have been looking at me like I'm some sort of fucking freak." I start whimpering, tears slipping out with no restraint.

"Babyboy, look at me." Steven catches my eyes, his intense gaze on me. "You are in no way a freak. You are beautiful, talented, and overall amazing. Our little boy is absolutely safe and will be waiting for us. You can do this, Colin. It's just a few months left."

"Steven, I can't do it. I'm sorry, but I'm gonna finish the year online." I walk back to my desk, collect my bag and walk to the door. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Colin. I'll see you back at home." He kisses me tenderly. "I love you."

"I love you too." I leave the classroom; only making it ten steps away before I bump into someone.

"Oh crap, I'm sorry."

"No, it's" I look up, my blood boiling.

"Colin, can we talk?" Bryson asks.

 I pull away from him, a look of disgust flashing in my eyes. What could he possibly want to talk about? He's been fucking my dad, and now he wants to have a conversation? I think the fuck not.

 I begin to turn away, but Bryson reaches out grabbing my wrist. I jerk around, throwing his hand off of me.

 "Don't touch me," I snap.

 "Sorry, but please, can we talk? It's really important." I take a deep breath contemplating wether or not talking to him is good for me. My temper has been wild recently, and I can't promise I won't hurt him.

 "You have three minutes. Talk," I say, dropping my things against the wall, then move back to Bryson.

 "I think I might be a carrier."

 "What the hell do you mean?" He can't be trying to tell me what I think he is.

 "The last time, I fully slept with Drew, we didn't use protection and that was a month ago. Since, I've been feeling sick and throwing up alot." Just like me after Steven's party.

"Fuck," I groan. This isn't gonna end well.

I walk back into the classroom, Steven looks over to me; he's confused.

I grab his wrist and drag him out into the hall.

"Colin, I have a class. What's," He looks over and spots Bryson. "What happend?"

"He might be pregnant," I manage to say through clenched teeth. "This asshole might ne carrying my little sister or brother."

"Colin, I'm not sorry about being with Drew. I wish I wasn't hurting your mother, but it's a consequence of falling in love with a married man."

"Steven, make him an appointment with my doctor. I'm going to talk with Dad." I begin to walk off;Steven reaches out gripping my wrist.

"Don't make a scene, Colin."

"I won't."

*

"What the fuck!" I lied.

"Colin, calm down," Dad says, slightly moving me out to the back yard-more than likely to avoid me hitting him with something valuable.

"How could you? Mom has dine nothing, but love and support everything you've ever done. And you cheat on her with Bryson?" I step back, sitting on the deck. "Do you love him," I ask. Despite how much anger I have, Dad's happiness is still important to me.

"No." I look up at him. "I don't love Bryson. I care about him alot, but I didn't see this going anywhere beyond sleeping together."

"Dad, I'm lost." He sighs.

He sits beside me, taking my hand into his.

"Colin, when I left, I did alot of thinking. I love your Mother, but I'm not in love with her. Your Mother and I both have totally different lives now. We've been seperated for some time, and I just haven't had the courage to tell her that we're over."

"Dad, why can't you just tell her?" He smiles sadly.

"It's never easy ending it with your first love, Colin." That is definitely something I understand.

Despite everything he put me through, I couldn't find the strength to end it with Jonah. I loved him. I still do. You never stop loving someone. You just learn to get by without them.

"End it, Dad. I just want you both to be happy." I kiss his cheek, and he offers to give me and River a ride home.

*

"So, how'd it go," I ask Steven.

"He's not pregnant, thankfully. Just a stomach virus." Steven falls onto our bed,resting his head on my lap. "How did Andrew handle it?"

"He's telling Mom tonight. I think he's gonna be moving again." I don't allow my tears to fall. I've cried so much over the last year, that this seems minor. I'd always known my parents would eventually divorce. It's awful to think about, but I knew.

Some people just aren't meant to be.

"I love you," Steven says, running his fingers through my hair; he leans forward kissing my lips in a gentle manner. "Colin, do you ever think about where you'd be if we hadn't met at that party?"

"I'll admit, its crossed my mind." I hug his body close to mine, a slow shudder beggining to course through me. Steven hugs me tighter kissing my hair.

"I know, Baby. I miss her too," He says, his own voice cracking as he forces out the words.

"Come shower with me and let's go to bed."

We move to the bathroom, leaving a slit in the doorway to hear our babyboy.

I look up to Steven, and kiss him.

With his face in my hands, I tell him, "I'll never regret meeting you."

"Same here, Babyboy."

A/N Well, hello there. It's been, Idk how long since I've touched this story. This was one of the first stories on Wattpad I ever wrote and I'm extremely proud of the progress it has made and I'm so grateful for all the support that you guys have given.

I will be finishing this story very soon and when it ends, I will be filling you guys in about the spin-off sequels that follow.

I love you guys. Be ready💜💜