Chapter 5

Steven and I sit in an awkward silence for what feels like hours. We steal little glances at each other,but neither of us say a word.

"How's the baby?" He finally asks,breaking the silence.

"It's doing good. They just have me eating non-stop." Steven chuckles a bit,keeping his eyes on the table,staring at his laced fingers.

I bite my lip,nervousness clouding me. What if he doesn't want to be apart of our kid's life? How am I gonna take care of them on my own? I still rely on my mom to tuck me in at night.

"Colin,I want to apologize. Just being told I'm about to be a Dad and that the person holding the baby is my little sister's best guy friend was a bit overwhelming." Steven keeps eye contact with me,butterflies start to flutter in my stomach.

"That,um,means alot. Thank you Steven." I try to keep my voice from wavering,but fail miserably.

He chuckles,pushing his hair back.

"Sir," a girl walks over to our little table. Her brown hair pulled back in a loose bun. "You're friends were looking for you."

"Okay. Thank you..." I scan for her name tag,"Callie." She smiles and turns back to the counter.

"Guess I'll see you on monday?" Steven smiles,a little dimple visible in his cheek.

"Yeah. You are one of my teachers." I return the smile,before standing and walking back to my area with Eleanor and Noah.

"Oooh,look who's back." Noah wiggles his eyebrows,making me blush harder than I already was.

"Shut up." I whine,watching Steven walk out with a bag in hand.

"Okay,your food is here. Eat so we can get back to your house and fix the couch." Just as El says that,my phone bursts to life,the word 'MOM' blown up on the screen.

"Hello." I answer.

"COLIN!! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO MY FUCKING COUCH?!" I pull the phone away from my ear, Eleanor snickers.

"I got hungry,and Eleanor was being a lazy hoe. I tasted it and things went from there. I threw it up afterwards though." I can feel her role her eyes on the other line.

"The only reason you're not in trouble is because you're pregnant. Now hurry and get home. I don't want my babies getting sick." Her voice is now calm and loving.

"Okay Mommy! Love you." A few patrons stare at me,but quickly look away when Noah gives them a hard glare.

The three of us walk out,El and Noah attached at the hip. If they aren't dating yet,I'm gonna cry.

"Okay you guys,let's get some sleep." El and I stare at Noah.

"You know the point of a sleepover is to not sleep,right?" Noah goes a deep red and shrugs,hiding his face in Eleanor's hair. They are so cute.

-TWO WEEKS LATER -

I walk into school,a small smile on my lips. I have an appointment to check on the baby,and Steven agreed to come with me.

"Good morning,Colin. Are you ready for this afternoon?" Steven asks,his brown hair pushed back.

"I guess. It'll be easier with you being there." I look down at my shoes,and blush rising to my cheeks.

"Don't worry,love. I'll make sure you won't be uncomfortable." Did he really just call me love?

I start to speak,but a barrage of students walk in cutting me off. Steven offers a sympathetic smile,then returns to his teacherly duties.

I learned that I actually like Steven. He's really nice,funny,hot as fuck,and caring. He's helped out alot this past week,with the baby stuff. He's helped me find a day care center so that I'll be able to go to work and it'll be watched. Lastly,we may or may not have kissed at the daycare center,in the back in front of all of the kids. It was really weird,but felt so amazing!

El has no idea and I plan on keeping it that way. Things are already complicated and dramatic and adding Best Friend and Baby Daddy drama isn't gonna help.

"Colin,would you like to go on a date tonight?" So much for no drama.