{prologue}

This chapter has been edited and re-written from it's original.

//

"That's the sound of TigerClan warriors training for battle." Thunder echoed through the hills and ravines of a dense forest, reaching right into a large clan camp. The rumbling was just barely muffled by the thickly woven branches of the nursery's bramble walls. Stormkit shivered close to his mother as she recounted the story of thunder and lightning.

"I wish they'd stop training...," he whispered, curling tighter next to her snowy fur. Suddenly, the den entrance rustled, alerting to a newcomer. The dark gray tom poked his head up as a sopping wet blue-gray tom ran in, clutching something in his mouth. He strained to make out what it was, and just then a crack of lightning lit up the den to reveal a bundle of bright golden tabby fur. A kit. A deep roar of thunder answered in the wake of the lightning. Stormkit's mother, Lilyfur, immediately pulled her tail in close to wrap around him and his sleeping sister, Lambkit. 

Closely following the blue-gray tom was his own den-mate, a queen who was expecting. He strained and caught a bundle of fiery red tabby fur in her mouth, and concluded she must have had her kits. She had dark fur raked with vibrant crimson tortoiseshell markings, and a delicate face and frame. The queen shakily put down the trembling ginger kit in her jaws, and it barely made a squeak. 

"Asterfoot, what's going on?" Lilyfur called, a hint of worry laced in her usually soft, high voice. Stormkit pricked his ears with interest. Lilyfur was always so composed, but now she seemed a little scared. The medicine cat set the golden tabby kit in his mouth against the warmth of the she-cat's chest. The rain from the kit instantly pooled in the nest and ruined the cozy comfort, and Stormkit squeaked in protect. Lambkit, however, was still silently sleeping. 

Asterfoot began to lick the second flame red kit without an answer. That kit was larger the golden tabby, with the same bright red color as the tortoiseshell marks on the mother. 

Lilyfur took but a moment to start licking the golden tabby she-kit's fur, and after a few warming licks, she made a squeak. Asterfoot sighed with relief at the sound, and continued to warm the tom in his grasp.

"I need to get Spruceclaw...," the soaking wet tortoiseshell finally spoke up, water still dribbling off her belly fur. 

"You need to lay down!" Asterfoot meowed, momentarily stopping his licks to warn her. 

"But the kits were early; he'll want to know I had them!" The queen let out a rough cough, her eyes shutting tight with the effort. 

"No, lay down," the blue medicine cat said softly.

"I can go get him!" Stormkit squeaked suddenly. Even he was surprised he had said it. He stood up though, bravery pushing him up. He wasn't as big as the six-moon old kits, who were in the other nursery. There were two nurseries: the one he stayed in was actually the overspill den that didn't fit in the original nursery. His clan, DrizzleClan was quite the clan, one of the bigger of the four clans in the forest. There were four medicine cats, each with an apprentice, and several warriors dens. It was so big that Lilyfur said she didn't even know every single cat, just glimpses and names.

Lilyfur nodded in approval at his declaration, a smile touching her muzzle. 

"Spruceclaw is in the Bramble Den," the tortoiseshell murmured, huddling up in her moss nest with a worn expression. Stormkit dashed out of the den, rain immediately meeting him. Thunder roared in the distance, and lightning crackled. That must be LionClan practicing their battle calls! The little kit attempted to stay under shelter of overarching tree leaves as he crossed the clearing of camp. The Bramble Warrior Den was nestled at the base of the High Oak where the leader, Minstar, slept in an abandoned squirrel hollow. 

The Bramble Den was one of three warrior dens, and it housed the best warriors as well as the Clan's two deputies. Stormkit cautiously entered, his eyes widening as he was now in an unknown area. So big... it's kind of scary..! It was dry and warm; a sharp juxtapose to him being soaking wet. It took a moment for his yellow-amber eyes to adjust to the dark. There were mostly massive cats, bigger than most of the adult cats he knew. He made a larger nest were two cats used to sleep together, but now only one lay. A toned, dark, dusky gray-brown tabby tom lay asleep. Stormkit recognized him, as he often visited the nursery to visit the tortoiseshell queen. Spruceclaw!

Nervously, the small kit prodded the master in the side. Large, almond shaped, green eyes cracked open to meet him. 

"I-it's...," Stormkit racked his brain for the queen's name, "it's Cherryflower." He said in a small voice. Spruceclaw immediately was on his paws, which were massive and paler than the rest of his dusky colored body. 

Stormkit followed hastily behind the warrior as he strode out of the den, and tried to use him as a shield for the piercing cold rain. It didn't work. They both arrived at the nursery, his short, downy kit-fur now on end in wet spikes. He returned to his mother, who had both of Cherryflower's kits warming at her side. The golden kit's fur was now dry, but it was sharp and wild, like the storm outside. Lilyfur immediately began drying off his gray fur with quick, hard strokes. Lambkit still hadn't stirred.

"Cherryflower's really sick," Stormkit caught the conversation going on between Asterfoot and the new-comer. 

"She'll make it. She's a warrior at heart."

"We always hope for the best, but she was out there for... StarClan knows how long before I found her protecting the kits."

"Where are they?"

Asterfoot flicked his muzzle toward Lilyfur where the two newborns lay sleeping. Spruceclaw blinked and turned his attention back to Asterfoot. 

"She'll make it," the warrior meowed sharply, turning and padding over to his mate. Stormkit looked up to his mother, her soft blue eyes resting on him. 

"Will she make it?" He whispered. Lilyfur blinked. Stormkit thought his mother was brilliant. Elders complained that she was 'too young to have kits,' because she had only just been made a warrior a few moons before their birth. Lilyfur was always so aware, so confident. But not tonight. Lilyfur shook her head. She didn't know. 

//

AN

This will pick up substantially in the next chapter. I'm not making an allegiances, because if you didn't catch it, this is quite a large clan. If you have a warriors OC you wanna put in, just comment the name, description, perso, etc. and I'll insert them without a problem (probably won't be a major character)

Edit: I added a lovely cast photo I drew, in order from left to right it's: Berrykit, Sparkkit, Cherryflower, Spruceclaw, Asterfoot, Lilyfur, Stormkit, and Lambkit.
BYE I LOVE YOU ALL.

Edit II: I went in fixed the formatting so it's neater, etc.

Edit III: I swear the prologue is kinda boring but just keep going lol it gets better!