{two}

Thoughts raced through Sparkfur's head. She must have crossed the river, it hadn't rained for two days. She moved forward toward the cat. It was breathing. Berryfoot had just now caught up, bounding into the small glade.

"Sparkfur! Get back!" Berryfoot hissed sharply. "It's a FogClan warrior!" He snarled.

"Medicine Cat." Sparkfur corrected, licking the shoulder fur of the cat where the wound was. The medicine cat let out a small groan. "We need to get her to camp."

"No. No! Absolutely not!" Berryfoot circled. His pelt on end.

"What, so you want her to die? Someone else will stumble upon her. It could be a rogue, it could be one of our own warriors. Who knows what they'll do! Let's get her back to camp." Sparkfur reasoned.

Berryfoot paused, considering. "How d'you know she's a medicine cat and not a warrior?"

The golden she-cat sighed. "Her frame. She doesn't have much of a build. FogClan are swimmers, and she doesn't spend much time in the water as a warrior would, otherwise she would have a lot more muscle on her. Also, you can pick up the scent of watermint, only found by watery--"

"Watermint? How can you even distinguish one herb scent from another?" Sparkfur opened her mouth to reply, but Berryfoot flicked his striped tail. "Forget it. Let's just get her back to camp and see what Mintstar wants done with her." Berryfoot grasped the she-cat by the scruff. She only looked a moon younger than the two newly made DrizzleClan warriors that dragged her back to camp.

As soon as they were inside the perimeter of the camp, Sparkfur helping Berryfoot drag her in, they were surrounded by eyes of questioning cats. It was just past dawn, and cats were beginning to wake to a stranger being dragged in through the bush tunnel.

By the time the FogClan medicine cat was in the middle of the clearing, Mintstar was leaping gracefully down the side of the oak tree. He had slick pale gray fur and a feathery tail. He was younger, only thirty five moons, with dark green eyes. He stalked forward, at his side came Waspclaw and Sedgeheart: the deputies.

Waspclaw rolled his copper eyes.

"Sparkfur, for StarClan sake what did you do?" He groaned. "Berryfoot? I hope you aren't caught up in your sisters antics-- I don't see why you don't just disown her. I mean--" Mintstar cut him off. Sparkfur glanced over to Berryfoot, who looked on-edge with his fur ruffled. Sparkfur wasn't unnerved by the comment, she focused her attention on Mintstar.

"Please can we help her?" Sparkfur said with a clear voice. Mintstar glanced down at her, his expression unreadable. She held his gaze steadily. He opened his mouth.

"Where is she from?"

"FogClan. Something could be wrong-- we won't know unless we help her." Berryfoot spoke up. Waspclaw blinked, annoyed, but he didn't say anything.

"I think we should at least hear what the cat has to say." Sedgeheart spoke up. Sedgeheart had short, wiry, black fur and brilliant amber eyes. Mintstar nodded in agreement.

"Move her to the medical bay. As soon as she wakes up she will speak on what's happened." Mintstar turned and padded to the bramble den with Sedgeheart flanking him. Waspclaw hung behind.