{one}

He's so old-fashioned. He's already earned his way into the bramble den right off the bat, I don't know why he's sitting vigil. Sparkfur crouched down, watching a flame-red tabby tom sit quietly at the bush entrance to DrizzleClan camp.

      She quietly stalked forward, lightly setting each paw down. Her sharply wild golden tabby pelt blended nicely with the brambles she passed as she neared the tom. He was sturdy, and well-muscled with a handsome young face.

      She leaped, propelled by her long legs as she jumped, toppling him over.

      "Sparkfur! Get off me!" He growled, kicking his paws into her side. She slid off him, standing up quickly.

      "If you're sitting vigil, you kinda suck." She licked a paw, glancing at him with a sassy smirk.

      "Shut up...." He growled, getting back into a sitting position. Her eyes lit up.

      "Ooh, Berryfoot, were you asleep?" She wondered aloud, circling him. "Or... How about deep in thought?" She glanced at him. "I think the latter." She flicked her tail tip as she paced around him.

      "I was thinking about the rogue situation." He admitted, his jade eyes glimmering.

      "Oh, jeez. The rogue sitch'? We just became warriors...," the golden tabby groaned, rolling her bright, round green eyes, "..and you're sitting vigil! Nobody sits vigil anymore."

      "I got accepted into the bramble den at my warrior ceremony." He said with a slight smile as he glanced around the foggy dawn sky. "A little old fashioned never killed a cat." Sparkfur sighed, looking past him, as he brushed his head against her shoulder. She squinted as she saw heard something. She pulled away from her brother.

      Silently, without warning, the thin wiry she-cat stalked forward through the thick undergrowth. She could see traces of pale white fur caught on a thicket. No DrizzleClan cat would go through a thicket, they were experts at moving through dense forests.

     She kept her fur down as she followed the trail, the sharp tang of blood just barely hinted on the trail. It only took a moment before she found it: a sopping wet white cat with a bloody claw mark on her shoulder.

AN

Okay this chapter was much much much longer but I chopped it here where I could have a kind-of cliffhanger. I swear the chapters get A LOT longer than this haha.

Edit: edited