Chapter Three

"Your Majesty?!" Lydia managed to call out to the Dwarf King.  "Go away, woman! Can't you see that I'm busy? You shouldn't be in here!" grumbled King Thror.  "Your Majesty, your grandson sent me in here to bring you a message from him. He wishes to speak with you immediately!" continued Lydia.  "I told you to leave!!" barked King Thror, as he spun around, glaring angrily at the dwarf woman. Lydia could see that he was about to attack her.  "Get out of my Treasury! You thief!!" screamed King Thror, and suddenly, he was about to raise his hand to strike her, when suddenly without thinking, Lydia used her magic in self defense, shoving the Dwarf King away from her.  And this really angered the King.  "Guards! Guards! Arrest this treacherous thief!!" barked the Dwarf King.  Suddenly the guards came charging as, as they brushed passed Balin and Dwalin, and they grabbed Lydia, taking her to the dungeons. "BALIN! DWAIN!" screamed Lydia, as she saw the two dwarves standing in shock, as they watched the entire scene go down.  

 "Why are they taking her to the dungeons for?!" shouted Dwalin, angrily. "Let's go find out from the King himself!" said Balin, as the two of them entered the Treasury.  "Your Majesty, let's get you out of here--you've been in here long enough!" said Balin.  "Sh--She lied to us--she used magic on me!" stammered King Thror, as the dwarves guided him to his chambers. "Dwalin, go get Thorin." said Balin.  Dwalin nodded, as the dwarf bolted away to find Thorin, while Balin led the Dwarf King into his chambers.  Later, Thorin came, and the Dwarf Prince demanded what is going on.  "Where is Lydia?" Thorin demanded. But there was no response from the Dwarf King.  "Where is she?!" demanded Thorin again, angrily.  "She is sent to the dungeons lad--Thorin, there is something you must know about her--something she has with held from us, its the reason why she's locked up now. She has magical powers. She used her magic on me, when I tried to attack her--I didn't want to attack her--that's the last thing I wanted to do!" said King Thror. 

 Thorin now felt confused.  And also angry.  The Dwarf Prince hated to be lied too,  and Thorin needed answers, and right away.  "I'm going to talk to her!" growled Thorin.  "Now go easy on her, lad! Don't get the poor lass upset--she's upset and startled enough as it is!" called out Balin.  But Thorin ignored Balin's warnings, as he headed towards the dungeons.  Once he arrived in the dungeons,  he reached Lydia's cell down, as he could see her sitting on the floor with her head buried in her hands. "Lady Silverbeard, we need to talk! Right now!" Thorin demanded to her.  Lydia looked up at Thorin with a worried expression, and she could tell that the Dwarf Prince is angry.  "Yes, Thorin?" said Lydia, quietly.  "My Grandfather told me something of great significance--why are you with holding information about yourself from us?" asked the Dwarf Prince sharply.

 Lydia gasped.  Oh crap, he found out about my magic! Lydia thought frantically.  Lydia remained silent, as she didn't know what to say--as she feared and dreaded this day would come to get the truth out.  "Answer me, woman!" shouted THorin, angrily.  "Alright, I will tell you the truth!" said Lydia, and she told them from the beginning from her birth, up to when she is older.   "Thorin, I'm so sorry--I'm truly sorry for not telling you this sooner-please don't hate me--I never meant any harm! I swear!" pleaded Lydia with tears in her eyes.  "I would just keep you in her woman, for your lying.  But I'm not going to do it.  I will release you, and you will leave Erebor at once.  I never want to see you around here again!" said Thorin, icily.  "Thorin, you really don't mean it!!" cried out Lydia. "I meant every word of it!" said the Dwarf Prince, darkly.  Lydia bolted away from Thorin in tears, as she headed towards her chambers, and she began packing right away. 

 As for Thorin, he decided to retire to his chambers for the night, without saying a word to anyone else.   Meanwhile, Lydia packed her belongings, she hoped that Balin and Dwalin wouldn't find her packing.   After she packed her belongings,  she quietly left.   She didn't want to bother telling the others that she is leaving, she was hurting too much to say thing to them.     And she decided that her next destination would be in the Blue Mountains, where she would take up residence there.