Chapter Twenty-Six

Lydia decided to transform back into her dragon form as she flew towards Ravenhill to track down the Dwarves.  By the time she reached there, she nearly was too late when she discovered Azog on top of a cliff with Fili in his grasp.  No! Fili is not going to die! Not on my watch!! Lydia's thought fumed.  But Azog was quick as he took his weapon, and struck Fili in the back with his sword, as he tossed Fili off the Cliff.  "NO!" Lydia roared, as she flew down the cliff, and she grabbed Fili, gently placing him in his claws.  Fili coughed. "Lydia, what are you-cough!-doing?!" gasped Fili.  "I'm saving your life, Fili!" said Lydia.  "Lydia, it's too late--let me go--just let--cough!-me go!" pleaded Fili.  "No! I'm not going to let you go, Fee!" shouted Lydia, as she flew towards the encampment of the elves ad men.  "DRAGON!!" shouted one of the men, as several other men, elves and dwarves surrounded Lydia. "NO! Get away from her! She's our friend!" bellowed Gandalf at the group of people.  And the men, elves and dwarves moved out of the way.  "Gandalf, take Fili to the Healers and quick!" Lydia demanded to Gandalf.  The wizard nodded, as he lifted up the Dwarf prince, and left.  After that, Lydia flew awake, as she went back to Ravenhill.

  Once she returned, she found Thorin, Dwalin and Kili, getting ready to face Azog and Bolg.  Bolg and Kili ended up in a battle, seperating them from Thorin and Azog.   Lydia had noticed Bolg getting ready to raise his hammer to strike Kili,  before Bolg made his move, Lydia swept down and breathed fire on the orc, surrounding the large orc in flames, killing the orc. "Lydia?! What are you doing here?!" cried out Kili.  "Yes, Lydia, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in the mountain resting?" asked Tauriel.  "I'm fine, Tauriel! Where is Azog and Thorin?" asked Lydia.  "They're near the ice flos by the lake. " Kili replied.  Lydia flew away, as Tauriel and Kili ran after her.  Soon, she caught up with Thorin, finding him on an ice flow, now in battle with Azog.  Suddenly, Azog took his large heavy flail, striking Thorin in the back with it.  Lydia shrieked, and her loud shrieks echoed throughout the area. "Lydia! Go back! This is my fight alone! Go back!" Thorin shouted at Lydia.  "No, Thorin! He's not going to kill you, and I'm not going to let him!" shot back Lydia, her red eyes glaring at Azog. 

  Suddenly, Azog turned his attention to Lydia.  "You will die, after you watch you husband meet his fate, Princess!" bellowed Azog.  "You leave my husband alone, filth! You and your kind go rot in HELL!" bellowed Lydia.   And Lydia charged at  Azog, as she opened her large jaw, snapping his head off of his body. She shook her head, sending the head flying into the water, after that,  Lydia took the remains of Azog's body, tossing it into the frozen water as well. Thorin watched in shock and amazement.   Suddenly he saw several orcs firing arrows at her, and several arrows struck Lydia in her back, and she fell into the lake.  "LYDIA!!" bellowed Thorin, and he jumped off the ice burg and he charged at the orcs killing the orcs that struck her.   Hopefully that's the last of em',  thought Thorin.  Soon he turned his attention to Lydia, as he dove into the lake, and swam to Lydia, now back into her true form, and took her back to shore, laying her on the ground.  "Lydia! Open your eyes! Please open, open, open your eyes!" Thorin pleaded.   Suddenly, Dwalin, Bilbo, Kili and Tauriel caught up with them.  "THORIN! You're alive!" exclaimed Bilbo.  "Oh no! Lydia!" wailed Kili.

  There was still no response from Lydia, as Thorin placed his ear on Lydia's chest. "She's not breathing! Oh come on, Lydia! Breathe! Somebody! Bring me some cloth to stop the bleeding! QUICK!!" Thorin bellowed at his companions.  Tauriel torn off some fabric from her clothes, as she quickly ran towards the injured Lydia.  "Thorin, we must take her to the tents immediately, otherwise she will not survive! Our people will heal her! And if not, I will heal Lydia, myself!" spoke up Tauriel.  Thorin looked at the Elf Captain in surprise.  "But why? Why would you help us? You're an elf!" gasped Thorin.  "I saved the life of your nephew, Thorin, and I will save the life of your beloved too! Its time we should put aside our differences!" said Tauriel firmly.  Kili smiled at Tauriel and nodded. Even Dwalin  and Bilbo smiled.  Thorin nodded, and he picked up Lydia.  "Let's make way to the tents!" said Thorin, and they walked back to the encampment. 

**************************************************************************************

  Four hours later..

   Lydia woke up, and she discovered she is now inside a tent, laying on a cot bandaged up.  She looked around the tent, and she could see at first she is alone in the tent.  Suddenly, she could see someone entering the tent, and it was Gandalf and Bilbo.  Both Wizard and Hobbit smiled at her, as they approached her bed. "Ah! You are awake! How are you feeling my dear?" asked Gandalf.  "I'm feeling sore and tired, but I'm alright. How bad am I injured?" asked Lydia.  "Luckily you have survived! You would've died out there! But fortunately the elves, and the Elf Captain Tauriel have healed you." said Gandalf.  "Thorin? Where is Thorin?" asked Lydia.  "He's talking with Bard and Thranduil right now! They are making agreements on the Treasure Shares!" said Bilbo.  Suddenly to their surprise, Lydia laughed.  "What is so funny, Lydia?" asked Gandalf. 

 "I'm sorry, but the thought of Thorin actually speaking to Thorin civilly is quite a surprise!" said Lydia.  "Tell me about it.  In fact, Thorin is also willing to give Thranduil the White Gems he is seeking and something more!" said Gandalf with a grin.  "Something more?" said Lydia.  "Yes, he's going to help Thranduil find a wife!" grinned Gandalf.  And this had set Lydia into more laughter.  "Take it easy, Lydia! You don't want to tear up your stitches!" said Bilbo.  "Oh, I'm sorry." said Lydia, calming down a little.  "I was only joking about the last part, Lydia.  But they are talking, and they're getting along just fine! Thorin will be here to see you shortly." said Gandalf.   "How are Fili and Kili?" asked Lydia.  "Kili is doing fine, however Fili---he is losing way too much blood, and the elves had tried everything to stop the bleeding, but unfortunately.." began Gandalf.  "No! No, don't tell me he's on the brink of death, Gandalf!" gasped Lydia.  "I'm afraid he is, Lydia." said Gandalf, gravely.

  "Well someone has to save him! They managed to stop my bleeding!" cried out Lydia.  "Lydia." began Gandalf.  "Go tell them to stop his bleeding! If they could heal me, I'm sure they could heal FILI!" shouted Lydia angrily. "I'll do what I can, Lydia!" said Gandalf softly, and he left the room.  Not long after Bilbo and Gandalf had left the room,  Thorin entered the tent, and he smiled as he could see Lydia sitting up in her cot awake.  "You're awake, imur!" exclaimed Thorin, as he quickly approached her bed, as he sat down on the bed, and taking Lydia's hand.  And now there was a brief silence between them, and all of sudden, Thorin quickly moved his hand away from Lydia, much to Lydia's confusion, as Thorin's features went from soft, to a hardened glare. 

  "What in the hell were you thinking, Lydia? Why? Why did you do that?!" snapped Thorin, angrily.  "What are you talking about, Thorin?" asked Lydia.  "Turning yourself into a dragon like you did!! You could have gotten yourself KILLED!! WHY did you do it?!" said Thorin, sharply.  "Why are you doing this, Thorin?! What do you expect me to do? Allow you and your nephews to die?!!" shot back, Lydia hotly.  "We had it under control, Lydia!" said Thorin, darkly.  "Under control? You call having a oversized flail swung at you under control?! You call Azog throwing Fili off a cliff under a control?! That could have been prevented you know! But no! You all stood there and watched it happen, when you could have done something about it!!" Lydia screamed with tears in her eyes.   "Are you blaming me for what happened to my nephew?!!" bellowed Thorin.   "Just get out! GET OUT! I don't need this right now! GET OUT!!" Lydia screamed,as she pointed towards the entrance of the tent.  "FINE!!" barked Thorin, as he stormed out of her tent,  as he left, he could hear Lydia bursting into uncontrollable sobs.  

  He felt a strong tug at his hear, hearing his beloved cry.  You're a fool, a bloody fool, Thorin! What are you doing? Go back to her, and love her! Yelling at her and getting angry is not helping anything! Thorin thought to himself.  But Thorin had decided to give Lydia some time alone to cool down, and after a while, he would come back and talk to her.  "That was uncalled for, Oakenshield!" spoke up a deep voice nearby.  Thorin turned and he saw the Elf King approaching him.  "You had no business eaves dropping, ELF!" snarled Thorin.  "Thorin, I understand why you gotten angry at Lydia for her actions! But you must remember, she saved your life, and Kili's.  You should thank her, instead of getting angry with her. Thorin, I done that same thing myself with my late wife, and because of that, she is gone." said Thranduil sadly, as he looked away.  "Oh." said Thorin, quietly. 

  "Go back to her, and talk to her--be thankful she is alive." said the Elf King, and he walked away.   That was the nicest thing the Elf ever said to me! thought Thorin, as he turned around and walked back to the tent, and entered.