Chapter Five

And so Lydia went home, and packed her belongings as she begin her journey to track down Thorin.  Just as she was about to leave the house, Milo stopped her.  "And just where do you think you're going, Lydia?" asked Milo.  "I'm going to find Thorin.  He has left without saying a word, and I'm going to track him down! Don't worry I'll be back!" said Lydia.  "Lydia, you're not going to be traveling alone! You should take someone with you! I'm serious!" said Milo.  "Milo!" wailed Lydia.  "Lydia, it would make me feel better if you would take someone with you! Please take my advice, and have someone go with you!" said Milo.  Lydia sighed.  "Very well!" said Lydia, and after she said her good byes to Lydia, Lydia left her house, and she went to the home of Balin and Dwalin, asking if one of them would go with her. "I will go with you, lass! I'm glad you came around and asked us! Because we wouldn't let you go alone!" said Dwalin.

  "That's what Milo said too." said Lydia.  And so Lydia sat and waited as Dwalin went to pack his belongings.  Later after that, the two of them left the house, as they  begin their journey to find Thorin.   Lydia and Dwalin had been traveling for days and soon weeks, with so far, they haven't seen any signs of Thorin.  It was up until they came to a nearby village, when Lydia and Dwalin decided to stop and stay at the village's Inn.   After booking the rooms, Lydia decided to go down into the common area of the Inn for a meal.  Dwalin decided to stay in his room for a while, to get settled. Meanwhile in the common area,  Thorin was just beginning to eat his meal, when a woman approaches his table.  "Well, long time no see old friend! I never thought I would see you again in these parts! How have you been Thorin?" asked the dwarf woman, with blonde hair. 

 "I'm doing fine, Tabitha.  It's been a long time since we last met.  How are your parents?" asked Thorin.  Tabitha frowned.  "They've died during Smaug's attack, alongside with my husband." said Tabitha sadly.  "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, Tabitha.  You have my deepest condolences." said Thorin, gently.   "You haven't changed a bit since I last saw you, Thorin.  I remembered that day you and I would go out on hunting excursions, and you always ended up beating me in the little hunting game you came up with!" said Tabitha.  Thorin chuckled and smiled at Tabitha.  "Yes, I remember that well, and you used to get so angry with me." said the Dwarf.  "But the anger didn't last since you kissed me that same very day. " said Tabitha quietly.  "Yes, I remember the kiss.  It felt like it wasn't long go since you and I had been together like that. It was one of the happiest times in my life!" said Thorin. 

 "And so is mine! Oh, listen Thorin! The minstrels are playing our song!" beamed Tabitha with excitement.  "If you're going to ask me to dance, the answer is no! I'm not in a dancing mood at the moment!" said Thorin.  "Please, Thorin? Just for old time's sake?" pleaded Tabitha.  Thorin smiled and he stood up.  "Oh alright, let's go!" said Thorin, as the two of them went and danced to the music the minstrels are playing.    At the same time, Lydia entered the common room, and she took her seat at the table, waiting to be served.     Suddenly, she saw something that caught her attention, which angered her.  She saw it was Thorin dancing with the blonde female dwarf.     The song came to a close and the two stopped dancing, as Thorin was about to lean in to kiss Tabitha,  Lydia threw her mug at the two of them, as she screamed at them in anger.  "I came all this way to find you, and I came here to find you with this whore?!" Lydia screamed in anger at Thorin, and she bolted out out the common room. "LYDIA?!" fumed Thorin.  "Who was that?!" asked Tabitha sharply. 

 "Maybe I should have never came here!" grumbled Thorin.  "Thorin, who was that?" Tabitha asked again.  "Tabitha, this doesn't concern you---maybe its best if you just leave me alone!" snapped Thorin, as he left Tabitha, and he went to find Lydia.   

*****************************************************************************************

 Meanwhile, Lydia ran up to the rooms and she hammered on Dwalin's door.  Dwalin opened the door. "Dwalin, we're going home!" said Lydia, furiously.  "What's going on? Lydia, are you alright?" asked Dwalin.  "No, I'm not alright! Pack your belongings, I said we're going home!" fumed Lydia.  "Lydia, what is going on here? Can you tell me what's going on?" asked the Dwarf sharply.  "You know what's going on? I will tell you what's going on!! I found Thorin! He's here! I found him in the common area dancing and kissing a female dwarf!!" shouted Lydia, as tears ran down her cheeks. "Where is he?" asked Dwalin, sharply. "He's still in the common area." Lydia replied.  "No, he isn't! And I like to know why the two of you are here?!" demanded a voice behind them. 

 The two of them looked as they saw Thorin entering Dwalin's room.  "We're not going to answer your question until you tell us why you left without saying anything to anyone!" shot back Dwalin, angrily.  Lydia knew this got Thorin, and the dwarf fell silent. "ANSWER ME!" shouted Dwalin.    "I didn't want to worry anyone, and besides some of you would have stopped me from going anyway!" Thorin shouted back.  "Yeah, but that's not the bigger issue here either, Thorin! The bigger issue here is what Lydia had seen earlier in the common room! Explain that! Who is this woman?" demanded Dwalin.  "Tabitha Emeraldson.  It was an old friend from my child hood! Don't tell me you don't remember her Dwalin, because was the one who liked you, not me!" said Thorin.  "Then why were you all over her then?!" shouted Dwalin angriliy.  "I don't need to hear this right now, Dwalin!" shouted Thorin.  "No! You're going to hear this right now, lad! Otherwise, you're going to end up with a broken nose! Now sit down, shut up! And hear me out!!" shouted Dwalin. 

 "Dwalin, don't worry about it! Let's just go home and leave Thorin to his mistress!" shouted Lydia, and she left the room. "Lydia!!" Dwalin and Thorin called out to her.  "Let's not just stand here! We need to go after her!!" barked Dwalin, and the two dwarves left the room, as they begin to track down Lydia.   Lydia already had left the Inn,and so they went out to find her.  "Great! Now she's stealing a pony! LYDIA!!" shouted Dwalin, as he charged after her.   He finally caught up with Lydia and the pony she had stolen, and stopped them. "Get off the Pony!" Dwalin demanded. "No!" said Lydia obstinately.  "Lydia--you heard Dwalin, get off the pony now!" spoke up Thorin. "NO!!" Lydia screamed.  "Very well, let's do this the hard way! Dwalin, grab her!" Thorin demanded  to Dwalin.  And Dwalin grabbed her.  "HEY! What are you doing?! Let go of me!!" Lydia screamed.   After Dwalin picked her up, he handed Lydia over to Thorin, and he took the pony back where Lydia had found it.

  Suddenly, Lydia kicked Thorin in the groin, and Lydia bolted away.  Damn it, Lydia! Why do you have to be so damn difficult?! Thorin's mind raged.   Thorin then ran after her, and once he caught up with her. "Sit down, and calm yourself down!!" Thorin demanded firmly.  Lydia sat down, and she looked away.  Thorin closed his eyes.  It wasn't too long that Dwalin had caught up with them.  "Alright, one of you say something, it's too quiet!" said Dwalin.   "How could you, Thorin? The many years we've courted and you've lied to me!  You never told me you had another person in  your life!!" screamed Lydia.  "Lydia, you must let me explain!" began Thorin.  "There is no need for you to explain, Thorin! I already seen that at the Inn earlier tonight!!" screamed Lydia,  as tears fell down her face.   "Listen you two, what we need to do right now is to go on home, and you can work things out there!" said Dwalin, impatiently.  

 "Good! I need to go home and get away from this imbecile!" snapped Lydia.  And now they begin their journey home, and nobody hardly spoken a word to each other during the entire journey home. Once they arrived back home, Lydia went to her home without saying a word to Thorin and Dwalin, and she went inside her home, slamming the door behind her.  Suddenly, it was Milo who greeted her. "Back so soon? Did you find him?" asked Milo.  "I don't want to talk about it, Milo!" was all Lydia had said, and she went to her room, and slammed the bedroom door.