Chapter Seven

Late Fall, 2850

  It had been late fall, as things had been running smoothly in the Dwarven Fortress.  Lydia not only worked in her forge, but also became a healer, as well, working under internship of Oin.   It was that same year,  Dis and Vili made a big announcement that Dis is pregnant.   The news excited everyone, and Lydia wanted to throw a party to celebrate the occasion.   That same night, as they celebrated the news, Lydia and Dis spoke.  "Has Thorin ever asked you to marry him yet, Lydia?" the Dwarf Princess asked.  "No, he hasn't asked me yet." Lydia replied.  "I'm surprised, the two of you had been courting for some time! He could at least ask you to marry!" said Dis.  "He's been too busy, ruling Ered Luin, Dis.   With him being a leader now, a good leader has to take good care of his people too!" said Lydia.     Which was true, Thorin had been extremely busy ruling Ered Luin, he barely had any time to spend with Lydia, or even his sister. 

  "With our new child coming along, he better make time for his family!" grumbled Dis in frustration. "Maybe I will talk with him tonight!" said Lydia.  As the celebration continued, Lydia couldn't sit still, because she thoroughly enjoyed the happy music coming from the dwarf minstrels, and she so badly wanted to get up and dance.  Finally, Dwalin came running over to the table. "Come on, lass! Get up and dance!" beamed Dwalin.  "I'm fine, Dwalin--I'm not much in the mood for dancing right now." said Lydia.   Really she wasn't in the mood.   For the past several weeks, she felt lonely, and the only people that have kept her company is Dis, Balin,  Dwalin and Milo.   She wondered why Thorin wouldn't make time to spend time with her.  She could see Thorin, mingling with the other dwarves talking to them merrily.  Lydia decided  she needed some fresh air, and she stepped out of the Great Hall, and she sat outside.  

 Suddenly, out of the blue, she could hear Charmaine speak to her again.  "Oh you poor little dear! Your beloved is too busy to spend time with you! You don't deserve that dwarf-you deserve to be lonely sister! You're nothing but a problem since you are born!" snickered Charmaine.  "Charmaine, you done so well of leaving me alone, why are you starting now?" asked Lydia.  "My purpose in life is to make your life miserable, Lydia--you're always to good for your own good, and I'm sick of it!  And I will do whatever it takes to make your life miserable!! You know the little situation with Tabitha and Thorin? That was my doings!  I was behind the whole thing!" continued Charmaine.  "Leave me alone! Just leave me alone!! I'm done speaking to you!!"  screamed Lydia, angrily.  "Very well! But I'm not finished with you yet, sister! Things in your life are going to get much worse! Mark my words!"  snarled Charmaine, and she disappeared.    

"Not when I have a say in it!!" Lydia screamed angrily.  Lydia had enough of her sister torturing her.  And she didn't know what to do.  She had kept this issue to herself for many years, and she couldn't talk to her loved ones about it, especially Thorin.   Then it hit her.  There was only a few people she knew that could help her with her problem, and one of them is a wizard, a grey wizard.  I need to find Gandalf! I need his help! I have to stop this situation before it gets any worse! thought Lydia.  Lydia had resolved that she needed to leave Ered Luin to find Gandalf.   This was her mission, and her mission alone, and so she decided she is going to leave that night.  After sitting outside for a while, she went home, and by the time she arrived home,  Milo greeted her.  "Home from the feast so soon? Don't tell me you and Thorin got into it again?" said Milo.  "No, Thorin and I didn't get into again.  I have to leave Ered Luin for a while, Milo! There is something I have to take care of!" said Lydia.

 "Where are you going?" asked Milo.  "Like I said before, Milo--there is some business I have to take care of!" Lydia replied. "How long will you be away?" Milo asked.  "I don't know.  And if you see Thorin or the others, tell them I'm going away from a while!" said Lydia.  "You know Thorin isn't going to be happy about this!" said Milo. "Milo, I will write Thorin a letter to tell him my reasons of leaving.  And I expect you to give him that letter!" said Lydia.  Milo nodded.