Chapter Six

It had been several days since the return of Thorin, Lydia and Dwalin.   And those past several days, Lydia hardly spoken to Thorin.  Thorin had attempted several times to talk to Lydia to get things worked on between him and Lydia, but Lydia continued to refuse Thorin to talk to her.  One morning, Dis was making breakfast for herself, Vili and Thorin.  "It's been long enough! If you two don't make amends, then I will intervene with this myself!" said Dis.   "What is this whole thing about, lad?" asked Vili.  "Tabitha. She caught me dancing with Tabitha--and I kissed her." said Thorin.  "Thorin! You didn't!" shouted Dis, as anger rose within her.  "Thorin, I never liked this Tabitha woman, and never will!  And you've been told several times to stay a way from her! Why would you go and do that for?" Dis scorned her brother.  "I don't know what came over me--it's just she and I had a good past together." snapped Thorin. 

 "A good past up until she ditched you for several dwarves! And selling her body for money, as well! You've been warned she is into prositution, and you refused to listen!  Thorin, you have someone here that truly loves you, and she is broken because of what she had witnessed at the Inn between you and Tabitha." said Dis.  "I know, Dis." said Thorin, quietly.  "Do you love Lydia, Thorin?" asked Dis.  Thorin remained quiet, deciding not to answer his sister's prodding questions."Answer me, Thorin! Do you love her?!" snapped Dis.  "I don't know, Dis--I just don't know!" shouted Thorin.  "You need to figure out something, and fast, Thorin--or else you will lose Lydia forever." said Dis.  Thorin stood up, as he was getting ready to leave his home. "Where are you going?" asked Dis.  "For a walk." Thorin replied, and he left his house.    Thorin went for a walk and decided he was ready for a drink, so he went to the nearest village pub for a drink.  

 As he walked, he saw Milo walking as he was heading towards home. "Greetings Milo!" Thorin called out to the Dwarf.   At first, Milo ignored him. "Milo, I am talking to you! I said greetings to you!" said Thorin.  Milo turned to Thorin and glared at him.  "I refuse to speak to the dwarf whom broken a heart of my friend! Let me inform you, Oakenshield, that Lydia is like a daughter to me, and she told me what she had witnessed! You are of noble blood, and to hear you behave this way, disgusts me, Thorin!" hissed Milo.  "Milo, about that--It's really a long story, and it won't happen again. In fact, I will no longer see Tabitha---Lydia is the only one I truly love, and I really mean it!" said Thorin. "Then explain why you had left without saying good bye to her?" said Milo, not to be put off. 

 "That will be enough, MILO!" barked Thorin angrily, tired of the prodding questions coming from the older dwarf. "I hope you do some serious thinking before you consider of pursuing Lydia--otherwise, I will kill you myself, if I catch you hurting her again!" Milo warned Thorin, and he marched away.  Thorin sighed, as he continued walking.   It didn't take him long to arrive to the pub, and he entered the pub, and he took a seat at the table.  The barmaid soon came, and Thorin ordered his drink, when suddenly, he saw Lydia sitting in the pub as well, but she wasn't alone.  She was sitting with a young dwarf with ginger hair, and a neatly braided beard, and the two of them laughed merrily.  Suddenly, Lydia leaned over and kissed him, as she sat on his lap.  Seeing this angered Thorin, and he stood up, as he charged towards Lydia and the ginger haired dwarf. "GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF HER!" Thorin screamed at the dwarf.  "What in the hell do you think you're doing?!" shouted Lydia, angrily.  

 "How dare you allow this good for nothing put his hands on you! You don't belong to others, you belong to me, Lydia!!" fumed Thorin.  "Oh, really?! Says the dwarf whom I caught kissing with a hooker several nights ago? You know what, Thorin? Two can play that game, you know!" shot back Lydia.  Suddenly, Thorin's features softened, soon showing a look of hurt , guilt and sadness in his eyes. "Lydia, we should talk about this like reasonable adults, please!" pleaded Thorin.  Lydia looked at Thorin, and the guilt in his eyes, and the way he looked at her, and she could tell he really meant what he said.  "Very well, let's talk about this! But somewhere else!" said Lydia.