Chapter Four

Meanwhile,  at the home of the Royal Family,  Balin entered the living room, where he could see Thorin sitting by the fire place talking to Dwalin and Dis, and Dis's husband, Vili.  "Where have you been, brother?" asked Dwalin. "I was speaking to an old friend, in which by the way, I have a letter to give to you, Thorin!" said Balin.  "A letter for me? Who's it from?" asked Thorin.  "Just take the letter and read it, lad." said Balin.   Thorin nodded, as he took the parchment from Balin, and he read the letter.   After reading the letter,  Thorin stood, looking into the flames. "What's wrong, lad?" asked Dwalin.  But there was no reply, as there was an intense silence in the room. "I feel terrible--I've made a terrible mistake of sending her away--I.."  began Thorin, breaking the silence.  "You should go talk to her, Thorin--maybe this help her get passed this--if you the two of you make amends, the better off  you'll be--I understand now isn't the time, since you've just recently lost your brother and Grandfather." said Balin. 

  "No, no--it's alright--I'll go talk to her--besides, she needs to know what happened!" said Thorin quietly, and he left his home, to go to Lydia's house.   Shortly, Thorin arrived at Lydia's home, and he knocked on the door.  "Oh, who in the hell is it, this time?" Thorin could hear Lydia grumbling from behind the door. "It's me, Lydia--May I come in?" Thorin called out.  "Thorin?" exclaimed Lydia, as she quickly opened the door.  "I was just getting ready to go to bed!" said Lydia.  "We need to talk--it's important." said Thorin.  "There really is nothing much for us to talk about.  I already had it plain it clear back in Erebor." said Lydia, grumpily.  "Lydia--I was in the wrong for letting you go--I should've been  more acceptable when you told me the truth about your powers." said Thorin.  "Then why weren't you?" said Lydia.   "I don't know, Lydia--I was under a lot of pressure with my Grandfather being ill and all, and I didn't know what to think when you told me."  said Thorin. 

 "So you decided just to send me away and smash my emotions into pieces? Is that what you call a solution?" said Lydia sharply.  "I know you're angry with me, Lydia--and I wouldn't blame you for being angry!" said Thorin.  "Thorin, I wasn't really all that angry--because most of it was my fault for not telling you the truth from the beginning--but still sending me away, only made matters worse--for the both of us." said Lydia.  "Lydia, a lot has happened since you left--and I don't know how to tell you this, but a dragon came, attacked our home, not long after you left--forcing all of us to leave our home--that's how we ended up here.  And then years later, not to long ago in fact, we went to war against the Orcs, as My Grandfather wanted to save Moria, and he fell in battle, as he gotten beheaded by Azog.  My brother Frerin, also fell in battle." said Thorin. 

 When Lydia heard this, it  saddened her.  "Thorin, I'm so, so very sorry!" said Lydia quietly, her voice filled with emotion.  "When I first saw you in the forge, Lydia--my heart rejoiced to see you again--because deep down inside, I thought I would never see you again!" said Thorin, quietly as he gently took Lydia's hands placing him on his chest.   "You really still care for me do you?" asked Lydia quietly. "Of course I care for you, Lydia--I love you---and I pray  to Mahal, we'll never get seperated like that again!" said Thorin. "Thorin! Oh Thorin!" cried out Lydia softly, as she collapsed right into his arms, as Thorin wrapped his arms around  her.  "I love you, mizhmel!" Thorin whispered to Lydia. "I love you too, Thorin!" Lydia whispered back.  Suddenly Thorin leaned in towards her, brushing his lips over Lydia's, embracing her in a deep, passionate kiss.   When the kiss broke, Lydia laid her head upon Thorin's broad chest.

  "There is also something I never knew that I discovered today, love!" Thorin whispered. "And that is?" said Lydia.  "That you are a blacksmith." Thorin replied, smiling at Lydia. "You learn something knew every day! It was something I've been wanting to learn to do for ages, and never got around to it, until now, thanks to Milo Bluestone!" said Lydia.    "That was really nice of Milo of taking you in, and teaching you this!" said Thorin.  "I know--he didn't have to, but he did--he's a gentle soul, and a great dwarf!" said Lydia.     "Lydia?" said Thorin, after breaking the silence. "Yes?" said Lydia.   "Would you like to join us tomorrow night for supper?" asked Thorin.  Lydia smiled. "I would love that, Thorin!" said Lydia.    And so the next night, Lydia joined the family for dinner, and she got to meet Dis's husband, Vili.    "We've been together quite some time courting!" said Vili.  "I'm expecting a proposal anytime now!" said Dis, as she gave Vili a side glance.