Chapter Twenty-Seven

Thorin re enters the tent, as he found Lydia sitting up and now speaking to Balin.  Thorin stood there, deciding to allow his friend and Lydia finish their conversation.   Soon Balin took notice of Thorin inside the tent.  "Balin, may I speak with Lydia alone please?" spoke up Thorin.  "Of course, laddie!" said Balin and he walked out of the tent.  "Lydia,  I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier--you had worried me--I thought something happened to you!" said Thorin gently, as he sat down on Lydia's bed.  "Well, I'm perfectly fine, Thorin! Sore, but fine!" said Lydia, stiffly.   "I love you Lydia, and if you died, I wouldn't know what to do!" said Thorin, brushing his hands on her cheek.  "Thorin!" said Lydia.  Thorin smiled, as he pulled Lydia into his arms.  "Why do you have to be so difficult?" asked Lydia.   "Because I love you, Li! I love you more than all the gold and treasure in Erebor!" said Thorin.  "I love you too, my King!" Lydia said softly, as she lay her head upon his chest.

  The two of them laid there for a while.  An hour passed, both Lydia and Thorin felt restless, as they wanted to hear more of Fili's condition.   Suddenly, Bilbo darted into the tent, his face in delight. "Fili is alright! They've healed him! Tauriel, Thranduil and Elrond both healed him! Elrond had just arrived in the middle of the process!" said Bilbo.   "Oh, thank Mahal!" exclaimed Thorin, in relief.  Lydia looked at Thorin, as she saw Bilbo whom was about to leave. "Bilbo! Wait!" Lydia called out to the Hobbit.  "I do believe you have something to say to our burglar?" said Lydia, looking at Thorin, hoping he would apologize to the Hobbit.  "Bilbo, come here." said Thorin, gently. Bilbo returned to the bed, and looked at Thorin.  "Bilbo, I truly, deeply apologize for my actions towards you earlier! And I take back all the words I said to you at the Front Gate--you will get your share of gold from the treasure." said Thorin. 

 "Thorin, I don't deserve to be rewarded, I have stolen something very important to you and and your kingdom, I am a thief who doesn't deserve the reward." said Bilbo.  "Bilbo, if you're referring to that sand blasted accursed stone, I'm done with it, and I'm glad you done it! You plan had worked! You've saved me! You and Lydia both had saved me!" said Thorin.  Lydia smiled.  "And we shouldn't be sitting here now! We should join the others for the celebration!" grinned Lydia, as she climbed out of bed.  "Hold on, Lydia, let me help you!" said Thorin, standing up.  Thorin helped Lydia out of the bed, and soon, Thorin, Bilbo and Lydia had left the healing tent.  

****************************************************************************************

Eight  years later..

  "Adad! Tell us the story of our home!" cried out a dark haired boy with blue eyes.  "No, its time for you to get some sleep, Thror!" said Thorin.  "Please, father? We want to hear the story!" begged a red haired girl.  "Looks like you're getting double teamed from Autumn Rose and Thror!" spoke up a female voice voice from behind Thorin. Thorin looked up and smiled at his wife, as Lydia entered the children's room.  "Its time for you to tell them the story, love! They have time for a tale!" said Lydia.  Thorin nodded, and he turned to his son and daughter and smiled at them.  "You get your wish, you shall hear the  story!" said Thorin.  "HURRAY!!" chirped Autumn and Thror, as the two danced around the room.  Soon both children sat down in front of Thorin, as Thorin told his tale to Autumn and Thror.  Once Thorin finished his tale, Autumn and Lydia already fell asleep.  Lydia picks up Autumn, while Thorin picked up Thror as they carried the children to their beds.   After that, Thorin and Lydia left the Children's room, as they returned to their own bedchambers. 

 Thorin and Lydia climbed into their large bed,as Thorin pulled Lydia into his arms.   "Lydia, you've made me the happiest dwarf on Middle Earth! You gave me everything I ever wanted, and because of you, I am King, and a wife and family! That's more than I ever wanted! Thank you, my savior, my love, for everything you gave me!" Thorin whispered to Lydia.  "And thank you for changing my life, My King! I wouldn't know what to do without you!" said Lydia.  "Well we're here, and we're together one!" whispered Thorin, kissing Lydia's cheek. "Thank heavens!" said Lydia, chuckling.  

Suddenly, there was a brief silence, followed by a small sound.   Suddenly a smell went to Lydia's nose. "THORIN! You didn't just fart did you?!" exclaimed Lydia.   "Uh, Lydia! That was not me that did it!" said Thorin.  "Then who---THROR!" exclaimed Lydia.  "I'm not tired mommy, can we sleep with you and adad?!" asked Thror.   

 THE END.

**Author's note** I wanted to make the ending of the story humorous.