Chapter Nineteen

The next morning, Thorin and Company met up with Beorn outside on the front porch and they discussed the next leg of the journey.  It came to found out that they would be entering Mirkwood next during their second leg of their journey.   Thorin also announced they would be leaving that afternoon to go on their quest, which means this would be the last time Lydia would see Thorin for a while.   Once the meeting and breakfast ended, the Company packed their belongings.  By that early afternoon, the Company prepares to depart on the loaned horses and ponies that Beorn had loaned them.  Lydia met up with the Company outside, as Thorin approached Lydia and Beorn. "You take good care of her, Master Beorn!" said Thorin.  "I promise you, Thorin, I will make sure she is well taken care of! No harm will come to her." said Beorn.    Thorin then turned his attention to Lydia. "Lydia, I'm going to miss you terribly! And I promise you I will write to you once we reach Lake Town!" said Thorin.  "Promise?" said Lydia. 

  "Promise!" said Thorin.  And there was a brief silence between them. "So, this is good bye for now." said Lydia sadly. "Yes, this is good bye for now.  I'm going to truly miss you, Lydia!" whispered Thorin, as he pulled Lydia into his arms. "I'm going to miss you too, Thorin!" said Lydia, as tears fell down her face. "Good bye, Lydia!" said Thorin, as he broke away from Lydia, and walked over to his pony and he mounted.   Lydia stood and watched The Company leave.   "Let's go back inside, Beorn!" sighed Lydia. Beorn nodded, as they went back inside. 

Orc Camp 

Forty Miles away

  Azog paced back and forth enraged at the fact that the Company had escaped them.  Not only that, he is enraged at Lydia for killing Charmaine, and he is not done with his revenge, and he has his mind set on not only going after the Line of Durin, but killing the woman who killed his wife.  Suddenly, an Orc scout appeared.  "I bring news, sire! I have tracked down the Company! They've been staying at the Skin changer's home, and they are making way to Mirkwood!" spoke up the Orc Scout in Black Speech.   Azog scowled, and then this thoughts turned to Lydia. "And the girl. Charmaine's twin sister, is she with them too?" asked Azog.   "No, sire.  She's staying with the Skin Changer!"  the Orc Scout replied.  "BOLG!!" shouted Azog.  Suddenly, Azog's son approaches them.  "You summoned me, Father?" said Bolg.   "Yes, you take Naznog's group and track down the Company of Dwarves! They are heading to Mirkwood as we speak! They are not going to last in that forest." said Azog.   "Yes, Father!" said Bolg.  After that, Bolg had left with a large group of orcs.  Shortly,  Azog turned to his Orc Scout, Narko.   "Narko, you lead your company to the home of Beorn the Skinchanger.  Bring Lydia to me, unspoiled and alive!" the Pale Orc ordered his orc scout.  

 "Yes, Sire!" said Narko, and he left with his group of orcs.  

********************************************************************************************

Three days later

Beorn's home.  

  Lydia had been staying busy helping Beorn around the house, including helping him with his animals.  One night Beorn had left to keep watch over his land.  But it wasn't long after he had left that he returned to his home, appearing very distressed. "Lydia, I understand with your condition, you cannot travel-but an army of orcs are approaching my home, looking for you!" said Beorn, gravely. "WHAT?!" cried out Lydia.  "They are heading this way as we speak, Lydia, I'm afraid you have to leave!" said Beorn. "Leave, as in right now?" cried out Lydia.  "Yes, I will escort you as far as Mirkwood Forest.  But you are not going to go through the Forest.  I know another way you can take to Lake Town, by passing the forest." said Beorn.  "Beorn, you could have  told the Dwarves that! That would have save them from going into Mirkwood!" said Lydia, sharply.