Running back to you

I'm lying on my bed with music playing, going over my options. Abortion is not even a thing. I really don't think I can raise this baby. I'm only 18. And I know lots of girls do it younger, but I just don't know. I wasn't before, but now I'm seriously considering adoption.

Don't hate me. I would obviously have to meet the parents and know they were good people. I wouldn't just put my baby in the foster care system or something. But I can't raise this baby by myself.

Maybe if I had help from my parents. I think I need to tell them.

But I'm scared to. Anything could happen. Good or bad.

I build up courage and run downstairs as fast as I can, trying not to lose any. 

"Mom! Dad! I need to talk to you!" I yell out. They walk into the kitchen. Mom looks totally normal, but dad looks angry.

"Can you make it quick? I'm an adult and I have stuff to do. I can't deal with you all the time."

I feel the love dad

"I-I'm... Oh god this is hard. Im p-"

"SPIT IT OUT!" Dad yells.

I tear up a bit.

"SHUT UP IM TRYING!" I yell back.

Great. I haven't told them and were already fighting.

"I'm pregnant." I say as tears spill out of my eyes, anxious for what will happen.

"WHAT? HOW COULD YOU DO SUCH AN IRRESPONSIBLE THING? DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHIS IT IS?!" Dad yells at me. More tears spill out of my eyes.

"DAD! HOW COULD YOU?"

"WHY DID THAT STUPID HOSPITAL HAVE TO SWITCH MY CHILD FOR SOME SLUT! YOUR NOT MY CHILD! YOU NEVER WILL BE!"

I was bawling.

Mom started crying and ran to her room.

"YOU ARE THE ONE THAT RAISED ME!"

"EVEN IF YOU WERE MY DAUGHTER, I WOULD DISOWN YOU!"

"THIS IS SO UNFAIR! IF THIS HAPPENED TO DAPHNE, YOU WOULD BE ALL SUPPORTIVE! YOU WOULD RAISE HER CHILD FOR HER!"

"THIS WOULDNT HAPPEN TO DAPHNE!"

That was like a punch to the gut.

I hate being compared to daphne.

"LEAVE BAY! YOU ARE NOT WELCOME BACK TO THIS HOUSE. EVER!"

I run out side and get in my car, immediately heading for emmetts apartment.

I parked in the parking lot of the apartments and face timed Emmett.

He answered after 4 rings.

"Hey ba- oh, what's wrong?" He asked, probably noticing the makeup running down my face.

"Can I come over?" I sign.

"Looks like your already here." He signs, pointing to the sign with the name of the apartments on it.

"Yea... Sorry. I need to talk to you."

"Ya. Come on in." He signs.

"Thanks." I reply, ending the call.

I walk in as quick as possible, trying to avoid people.

I go to Emmett's apartment and don't walk in.

I don't see him at first.

I feel a hand touch my shoulder and turn to the side to see Emmett leaning against the wall.

He holds his arms out and I immediately walk into them, crying on his shirt.

He waits until I've calmed down a bit before pulling me away from him just enough to sign.

"What happened?" He signs, looking as if he might not want to know.

"I told my mom and dad. My dad yelled at me. A lot. He said that daphne wouldn't do something like that." I sign as fresh tears escape my eyes.

"Don't listen to him bay. He is a huge jerk. Did he kick you out?"

I slowly nod my head then crash my face back into his warm chest.

He pulls me over to the couch and sits down so I'm in his lap.

He continues to rub my back and comfort me until I slowly drift off to sleep.