X

Well, things were significantly less fun after Clara intervened. Lauren had to endure an intense yelling session, which Camila was not spared from. Both girls easily shared the blame, and Clara wasted no time in giving them a piece of her mind for 'potentially ruining her floors'. They spent a good portion of the next hour cleaning up bubbles. It was definitely something they had to google. How does one even go about cleaning up something that was supposed to clean other things?

They found out eventually. Apparently, lots of salt was needed. While distributing it amongst the suds to absorb it all, Camila nor Lauren could keep their eyes off of one another. The two girls were distracted by each other. It was like every time they shared a moment, the intangible pull only grew stronger. They were so drawn to each other, it was almost alarming. Their relationship had gone a true 180 in the past two and a half weeks of knowing each other. Things were moving at an exceptional rate now. To two people that had never really experienced such a mutual attraction, this was a pleasant roller coaster to be on. They were excited for what more was to come.

"So that was fun," Lauren commented as she finished up the last of their extensive cleaning process.

"I'll say," Camila nodded with a little giggle. "Did you even figure out what happened?"

"No, but I know that you certainly used way too much detergent. How much did you put in there?" Lauren asked as she finally got to stand up straight after being crouched down for so long.

"I filled up the whole little cup thingy like three times," Camila answered carelessly.

"Camila," Lauren deadpanned and looked at her incredulously. "You never need to use that much, oh my god. I didn't think that would actually happen. I still can't believe it."

"Me neither," she reflected. "And I'm sorry, by the way."

"Don't worry about it. That was great," Lauren smirked and looked at their somewhat destroyed laundry room. It would be fine in a few days. No one would be able to tell. Nothing was permanently ruined. At least there was no bleach involved.

"I was so scared you'd hate me for it," Camila admitted as she followed Lauren upstairs.

"I could never hate you," Lauren answered with a frown. Camila regarded her with a challenging stare. Had she forgotten their first impressions? Lauren caught her silent implication. "Okay. I never hated you. I just thought you were annoying as fuck, that's all."

"Sure," Camila disagreed. There was as much hatred in her eyes as there was venom in her words. She could say whatever she wanted, but Camila knew exactly how she was first perceived.

"I didn't!" Lauren stopped and tried to convince her, because it was the truth. "And anyway, you've never really told me how you felt about me at first."

"I didn't have a problem with you at all. And then you started insulting me and being an asshole and I was like okay..." Camila shrugged and pushed open Lauren's bedroom door. "But really, the only reason I didn't like you was because you obviously didn't like me. I was just mirroring your behavior. You can't be nice to someone that's always rude to you."

"I like you now, if it means anything," Lauren's features adorned a small smile as she pulled Camila into her side. She stumbled a little, but was secured by Lauren's strong hold on her waist.

"I like you too," Camila said, slightly blushing now that they were in closer proximity.

"And I'm glad I met you," Lauren continued, tracing an insignificant pattern against Camila's hip. She was being rather bold at the moment. Because she thought Camila's feelings were somewhat reciprocated, she felt a little more confident in these gestures.