XIV

"Best. Day. Ever," Camila announced just before she shoved a piece of pizza into her mouth. Their day had been quite blissful after that eventful morning. It was made even better by ordering pizza for lunch.

"Right?" Lauren mumbled her affirmation through a mouthful.

"Don't speak with your mouth full," Camila reprimanded her playfully, just like Lauren used to in the early beginnings of their relationship.

"Shut up," Lauren rolled her eyes good-naturedly.

"I was mocking you, if you didn't know," Camila shared after she swallowed her bite. "Because you used to tell me that all the time."

"I know. That's why I told you to shut up," Lauren explained and covered her mouth when she began to laugh. She then suffered a chill that nearly made her drop her pizza onto her plate.

"Are you cold?" Camila asked sarcastically, entertained by Lauren's short display.

"Yeah, my hair is still wet," Lauren answered. She didn't detect that sarcasm.

"Why didn't you blow dry it after your shower? Did you just skip it?" Camila asked incredulously. After coming in from their play date in the rain, they both took turns showering and warming themselves up again. The rain was warm against their skin outside, but it didn't blend well when they made it inside. In their drenched clothing, it was very cold.

"Yeah. I wanted to get some pizza while it was still hot," Lauren expressed as if it were logical.

"You should go dry your hair," Camila suggested as she assessed Lauren's damp hair.

"No, I'm eating. It can dry on its own," Lauren said stubbornly.

"You must be trying to get sick," Camila understood with a nod, then bit into her pizza again.

"I'm not gonna get sick," Lauren waved her off with her mouth full. "That's not even real. You don't actually get sick that way."

"Okay..." Camila held her hands up in defense. "Don't say I didn't warn you."

Camila did warn her. Lauren should've taken heed to her advice. Soon after they devoured their pizza, both girls decided to waste their day away by watching reruns of Glee. With Camila on one end of the couch and Lauren's legs in her lap, they comfortably watched all of the shenanigans at McKinley High. Within a few hours, Camila's warning started to hold some truth. Every so often, Lauren would shield her mouth and cough - but refused to acknowledge it. Camila wore a smirk when she realized that her prediction was indeed becoming a reality. Lauren was undoubtedly catching a cold, although neither knew much about the origins.

"You should probably keep yourself wrapped up, since you're getting sick," Camila gave a cheeky suggestion.

"I'm not getting sick. I'm fine. There was just a tickle in my throat, that's all," Lauren countered stubbornly.

"Oh, yeah. You're right. My bad," Camila responded in a tone laced with sarcasm.

Lauren's stubbornness only continued. Halfway through an episode, she had to endure a sneezing fit. Camila only watched in amusement as Lauren began showing symptoms rapidly within the next few hours. She was slowly being proven correct, despite Lauren's ridiculous claims. Camila made note of how cute Lauren was with a red nose. She found it very becoming. Her eyes had teared up from the excessive sneezing and she looked like a sick little puppy. After it all subsided, Lauren was slightly disoriented.

"Still not sick?" Camila teased knowingly, coming back from the bathroom to offer Lauren a wad of tissue.

"Nope," Lauren shook her head defiantly, still highly unwilling to admit to the very obvious truth. She graciously accepted the tissue anyway, though.