XXI

"Wait, wait, wait," Lauren laughed, trying to catch her breath. "He broke up with you?"

"Yeah," Camila admitted and tried not to laugh too. It wasn't funny. She'd just gotten the chance to recap her confrontation with Darren, and Lauren was having a marvelous time just listening to the story.

"Oh my god, you got dumped," Lauren snorted and leaned against a scowling Camila for support. She was actually weakened by her incessant giggling. "Tell me again."

"I'm into Ally; Like, really into her," she mimicked Darren's goofy voice and Lauren nearly fell off of the couch.

"Holy shit, that's golden," Lauren wiped at her eyes because she'd actually started to tear up. The sight prompted Camila to giggle.

"Shut up," Camila betrayed herself when another laugh escaped, adding to the melodious sound. "He really thought he was sharing some top-secret information with me, too."

"That's hilarious, Camz," Lauren clasped her hands over her stomach in satisfaction.

"Yeah, whatever. I'm free now," Camila shrugged, despite the turn of events.

"Does that mean you're all mine now?" Lauren asked cheekily, slipping her arm around Camila's slender waist.

"Haven't I always been?" Camila quipped and leaned into her eagerly. No matter how much they cuddled on a regular basis, it was never enough. Her yearning for Lauren was simply insatiable.

"Yes," Lauren confirmed and bopped Camila on her cute little nose. Together, they sat contentedly for a few minutes in silence. For them, they didn't always have to be engaged in conversation or even touching to cherish the presence of the other. Lauren was lost in her own musings. All of which were centered around the beautiful girl beside her. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Always," Camila nodded encouragingly, all ears.

"Is it too early?" she broached nervously. In her eyes, she was moving way too fast. She was guilty of thinking that as soon as Darren was out of the picture, they could be official immediately thereafter. That wasn't reality. The idea compelled her to see how Camila felt about it.

"Well, no. It's like 11:30, it's getting kind of late..." Camila answered dorkily, waiting for Lauren to catch onto her drift.

"Camz," Lauren admonished and heaved a sigh. "You know what I meant..."

"About us?" Camila assumed and abandoned her horrible jokes for a moment.

"About being official..." Lauren offered a more specific plight. "Because I don't want to get too ahead of myself."

"Lauren, you know I like you. I've already told you that," Camila shared openly, placing a reassuring hand on her knee.

"No, I know," Lauren said and had to smile from hearing that confession yet again. That was still quite surreal to her. "But who knows if you like me that much."

"I like you a lot. Are you asking whether I like you enough to start dating or something?" Camila gathered from her vague responses. She was giving her little to work with.

"Yeah. You just got out of a relationship, not even two hours ago..." Lauren brought up a seemingly valid point.

"Yes, but it also didn't mean much to me. Our pace doesn't really matter to me. I mean, it's whatever you want. Not having a title is fine with me... As long as I still get to enjoy your company in the same way, I don't mind," Camila gave a genuine, honest answer.

"Well, of course I'd want to call you mine officially... but I'm just scared," Lauren admitted and relieved her nerves by manipulating her fingers in her lap.