XII

The tea Lauren made turned out to be really good. Camila didn't think there was much more to the process than adding water, some sugar, and dropping the packet inside, but Lauren handled it with much more care. After retrieving two of her favorite mugs, Lauren poured an equal amount into both cups. Along with the sugar, she added in some honey and stirred in some ginseng. Perhaps it was so sweet because the taste of Lauren's lips still lingered on hers. Camila had never had anything better.

"Are you up for watching a movie too? Or did you just want to sit at the table to drink it?" Lauren questioned the girl that was propped up on the counter with her legs dangling from the side.

"We can watch a movie. Which one do you want to see?" Camila asked as she slipped off of the counter. She cautiously grabbed her mug and headed towards the living room with Lauren trailing behind her.

"I've had You'll Be In My Heart from Tarzan stuck in my head for the past few days so I kinda wanna watch that one," Lauren chose quickly, already having a movie in mind. She's been planning to have a Netflix date with herself to watch it, but Camila had been keeping her busy for the past few nights.

"Ooh, okay. Maybe we can have a marathon Disney movie night," Camila suggested brightly, becoming more excited about the night ahead of them.

"I'd love to," Lauren assented as she walked beside Camila. "Since its late, we'll probably only get through like one or two movies, though..."

"Excuse you, I can stay up later than that," Camila remarked in offense as she slowly found her spot on the couch.

"You couldn't even stay up for a full basketball game, Camz," Lauren didn't hesitate to call her out. She sat a good distance away from Camila, not wanting to be overbearing with her presence despite their kiss.

"That was different. I was tired and it was boring," Camila said indignantly and propped her feet up on the coffee table. Part of her was kind of hoping Lauren would cuddle, but it was okay if she didn't want to.

"No, you go to sleep at like, ten. Even on a good day," Lauren shook her head, not having any of it.

"Whatever," Camila mumbled. She was right.

Lauren smirked and leaned over to grab the remote as she sipped her tea. She found Netflix easily and logged into her account. Camila waited patiently by her side and mentally decided which movies she wanted to watch as Lauren scanned through the titles to find Tarzan. Lauren had seen it about fifty times and could probably quote it word for word. As it played on screen, she held little to no regard for it. While she was blankly staring at it, she was internally reliving her kiss with Camila.

It had come right out of the blue. There was no way she could've seen it coming. She knew Camila had been dropping a few hints here and there about it, but making it a reality had never seriously come to mind. It kind of confirmed the one thing Lauren had been doubting this entire time. She'd been deliberating about whether Camila liked her or if she was just tricking herself again. A confession meant little to nothing. Her actions were transparent and couldn't easily be detected one way or another. Lauren wanted to provide herself with some clarity. To anyone else, it couldn't have been more obvious. Lauren was just far too scared to see it that way after being hurt so many times.

"Can I ask you something?" she prompted in the middle of the movie.

"Sure," Camila nodded and faced her instantly, abandoning her attention on how Tarzan was trying to pluck an elephant hair.

"Why'd you kiss me?" Lauren asked simply, then wanted to take it back as soon as the words left her mouth.

Way to catch her off guard. Camila paused to think of a more elaborate response than 'because I wanted to'. She could've told her about how often she stared at her lips, longing for the sensation of those impeccable lips meshing with hers or how she constantly drowned out her words because she was too focused on her lips moving instead... But she decided against it. After a few seconds, she only shrugged. "Because why not?"