XX

Lauren expected to be the real cook between the two of them, but Camila was constantly surprising her. When Camila was unable to come across any more cans of soup to burn, Lauren tried to take over and prepare one of her favorite dishes for her. Camila, being the stubborn soul that she was, refused and insisted on making something for her like she claimed. Though the shorter Latina wasn't exactly chef caliber, Lauren had to admit that she made some pretty badass sandwiches.

"This is so great. You're so great," Lauren gushed as Camila came behind her. In the midst of eating her sandwich, she just had to turn and praise her endeavors.

"Ditto," Camila nuzzled her face against Lauren's back.

"You know, I just might let you take over the cooking from now on," Lauren mentioned through another mouthful.

"Well in that case, I hope you like cereal," Camila laughed, although she wasn't joking in the slightest. Their meals would consist of cereal three times a day. If she was feeling fancy, they might have ramen noodles every so often. Probably only on holidays.

"No, you have to make a sandwich just like this every time," Lauren declined and helped herself to some more.

"Maybe," Camila shrugged, but didn't really entertain the idea. She was far too busy occupying her hands with caressing Lauren's body. Their brief moment of serenity was destroyed when Lauren's phone rung. An obnoxious ringtone blared from the device and startled both Lauren and Camila. The paler girl rushed to answer it, just to get rid of the sound.

"Hello?" Lauren answered without checking the caller ID, but discovered that she didn't need to when she heard the familiar pandemonium in the background.

"Save me," Dinah pleaded and took the phone away to scold another sibling. "Seriously, get me out of this house."

"Hello to you too," Lauren laughed at her stress and shifted her weight.

"Get off of me, annoying," Dinah commanded her rambunctious siblings. Lauren's bet was that it was Regina. "I'm not kidding, Lauren. I'm gonna strangle one of them - Stop doing that!" she yelled and seemingly disappeared from the line for a moment. "Lo, I'm begging you."

"What's up, are you baby sitting or something?" Lauren assumed and Camila leaned up to silently ask who she was speaking to. Lauren mouthed Dinah and Camila nodded, then retired back to her cozy position.

"No. I'm trying to relax and these heathens won't leave me alone," Dinah grumbled and Lauren suddenly heard running, then a door closing. "I'll probably come over soon."

"Are you hiding in the bathroom again?" Lauren giggled at the familiar sequence of sounds.

"Yes," she answered resolutely with no trace of amusement.

"When were you planning on coming?" Lauren asked for a rough estimate.

"Now," Dinah responded when several little hands began banging on the door.

"Why don't we just go out? I'm tired of being here and my house is getting way too crowed anyway, if you ask me..." Lauren grumbled to Dinah, remembering the two imbeciles in her living room.

"Sure," Dinah agreed quickly, and Lauren could tell her temper was actually rising. "We can go somewhere and I'll disappear so you and Mila can enjoy your date."

"Shut up," Lauren laughed but couldn't help smiling at the thought.

"I'm really good at being a third wheel, though," Dinah insisted and Lauren could hear her smug smile through the phone.