XVIII

This had been going on for too long, and it had only been a day. Lauren tolerated them yesterday, but she found that they were completely insufferable by the time they ate breakfast the next day. The conversation they offered was ridiculous. Lauren felt like she was actually losing brain cells just by being in their vicinity. With her bowl of cereal situated in front of her, she desperately tried to focus on anything else except for the imbeciles surrounding her.

"North West is definitely a better baby than Blue Ivy," Darren shared his flawed opinion.

"She's so much prettier," Ally nodded as she helped herself to the breakfast Clara had prepared.

"Okay, can you guys stop belittling these babies? You're destroying Blue's self confidence before she even knows she has one. Why are you comparing those little kids? Who gives a damn about which one is cuter? They're both beautiful baby girls," Lauren commented irritably, stabbing around her bowl. Poor Fruity Pebbles. They were taking the brunt of her rage.

No one, not even Camila, paid her words any mind. They paused for a moment, then just continued where they left off.

"What kind of name is Blue Ivy anyway?" Ally disregarded Lauren's request and continued from where she'd left off.

"I think it's cool. It's definite unique. It's not a name like Ally, which is hella common," Camila countered with a smirk, carelessly taking a jab at the older girl. Lauren side-eyed her when she noticed how differently she was speaking again.

"At least people would be able to get it right, Camilla," Ally challenged instantly, replying with the mispronounciation that constantly plagued the girl across from her.

"North West isn't much better," Darren sided with her and rested his elbows on the table.

"They're both dumb names," Ally shrugged and picked off all of the onions and peppers and whatnot Clara had cooked into their meals.

"They're clever. Even though North West is more of a pun than anything. Blue Ivy is a little strange," Camila subtly agreed, but didn't directly discredit either one when she acknowledged the incredulous look she was receiving from Lauren. "But there's nothing wrong with it."

"I don't think Beyoncé even had that baby. It was definitely a fake pregnancy," Darren added, looking largely unconvinced. Lauren narrowed her eyes at his stupid responses. She knew both Dinah and Normani would have some choice words for him if they heard him say that shit. It made no sense anyway. While Lauren had her own opinions, Camila was deeply enthralled.

"Yeah, didn't her stomach like, fold over on national tv or something?" Camila broached with her mouth full. Lauren was still glaring at her for feeding into their idiotic discussion. She was equally as annoyed with her as she was with everyone else surrounding her.

"Yeah!" Ally confirmed animatedly.

"Blue looks exactly like Jay-Z though," Darren stated. "There's no denying that."

"Oh my god," Lauren groaned at the lack of intellectually stimulating conversation they were having. Who the fuck cared?

"What about Chris Brown's baby?" Darren mentioned as he considered more celebrity babies and ignored Lauren's rudeness.

"Where did she even come from?" Ally nodded in question.

"I don't know, but it's so sweet that he's actually taking care of her," Camila smiled as she commended Chris Brown. "Did you guys see how he took her to like, Disney World or something?"

"You're shitting me, right?" Lauren spoke up in exasperation and dropped her spoon into the bowl. "He got his goddamm picture taken while he was pushing her stroller. Wow. I am so impressed. Father of the year award recipient right there. Number one dad in America!"