Chapter 5

Erwin walked over to you, his eyes never leaving Levi, and put one strong arm around you, drawing you close.

"Are you okay?" he asked, finally taking his eyes of the man on the floor. He examined your face, cupping your chin in his fingers and tilting it towards his.

You nodded. "I'm fine."

There was a scuffling sound and an angry "tch", and Levi was gone, vaulting out of the living room window through which he must have entered. Erwin growled and started after him but you gripped his hand, pulling him back into an embrace.

"Let him go," you said.

"So he can assault you again?"

You didn't know what to say.

"You called him Levi, didn't you? You must know who he is?"

"Of course I know," you snapped. "I am fully aware that he's dangerous. But I can take care of myself."

"And yet you didn't. Why didn't you fight back, [Name]? What if I hadn't been here?"

"Then I would have handled it," you said angrily, pulling away from him. "He helped me tonight, you know. I'm in his debt."

Erwin shook his head, exasperated. "You're in debt to a criminal? I knew letting you go out alone was a bad idea."

"I can handle myself!" you shouted, breathing heavily.

"You keep saying that."

You glared at Erwin angrily. You loved that man, but by the Gods...

"Whatever. It's late. I'm going to take a shower," you said brushing past him and leaving him to fume in silence.

You closed the bathroom door behind you and leaned up against it, closing your eyes. What a night. You felt exhausted, dirty and the hand you had used to punch that soldier was throbbing dully. You sighed and turned on the water, testing the temperature with your fingers. When it was as hot as you could bear it, you undressed and stepped under the steady stream. It felt glorious.

There was a knock on the door and Erwin's voice rang out. "May I come in?" he asked.

You grunted an affirmative.

You heard him enter and undress quickly, and then he stepped in behind you, sliding his arms around your waist and drawing you to his muscular chest.

"I'm sorry," he said bluntly. "I was worried."

You sighed and relaxed into him. "I'm sorry too. I should have been more careful."

You turned in his arms and kissed him deeply. He gripped your wet hair and tilted your head back, trailing kisses along your jawline and down your neck to your collarbone, where he stopped to nibble softly at your flushed skin. You gasped and arced against him, causing him to shudder. You could feel his desire pressing against your thigh insistently. He growled an "I love you" into your neck and reached past you to turn off the water. 

Without warning he lifted you into his arms and out of the shower, grabbing a towel as he passed which he used to dry your dripping hair. By the time he reached the bedroom with you in his arms, both of you were dry, and he laid you down on the bed, lowering himself onto you.

You opened yourself to him and he thrust into you, causing you to gasp. He began a merciless pace, fuelled by desire and longing, his hard muscles rippling beneath your exploring fingers. You could feel a flush creep into your face as he pushed you closer and closer, a soft moan escaping your lips. He groaned and let go when you did, the both of you collapsing into a tangled heap of limbs.

He rolled off of you, cradling you in his arms and fell asleep almost instantly. You tried to follow suit, but sleep would not come easily, for in your mind were cold eyes of blue-grey and the insistent press of warm lips upon yours.