SEVENTEEN

SEVENTEEN

VIANE DREA SILVA

"WHAT?!" LYNN exclaimed.

"YOU'RE GONNA RESIGN?!" Carrie asked loudly.

"NO WAY!" Ella objected.

"I don't want to resign but Kellan wants me to resign!" I said to them. They're currently in my apartment because I want them to come over. I just want to talk and have their opinions kung aalis ba ako sa pagiging stewardess o hindi. Sayang naman kasi kung aalis ako.

"Why would he do that? Aren't you making time for him? Is that it?" ani ni Cristine.

"No! It's about Corbin," mahina kong sabi. I took a spoon of ice cream and slid it in my mouth.

"Oh." Lynn reacted smoothly. She was obviously speechless.

"So Kellan already knew?" Cristine asked quietly.

I said yes and explain the whole thing that happened yesterday and the day when Corbin confessed to me. I am still not decided kung aalis ako o hindi. Hindi kami nag-usap ni Kellan ulit tungkol doon.

"He's jealous," Ella declared.

"He's too possessive," Lynn said.

"Is being a possessive a bad thing?" I asked.

"Um..." ani Cristine. "Depends. Actually, girls like it when they're boyfriends are possessive but too much is really not okay."

"Is Kellan's possessiveness too much to take?" Lynn asked.

"No." sagot ko. "He's not that possessive to the point of being obsessed. But he just doesn't like sharing me to others. He wants me all to himself,"

"How cute," sabi ni Lynn sabay kain ng lays.

I grabbed the tube of lays and had some. Cristine sighed in sadness. "So are you gonna resign?"

I looked at them. They were all looking at me, anticipating for my answer. "I-I still don't know. I'm having dilemma. Most of me wants to continue but part of me wants to resign. I don't want to work with Corbin, not when he's being like this!"

"Do you want to resign because Kellan told you that or it's because you don't want to work with Corbin?" Carrie asked.

"Both. But you know how much I love my job. Corbin is just the problem here. What happened to him? Why's he being like that to me? It's absurd." reklamo ko sa kanila sabay subo ng isang kutsarang ice cream.

"It is. Maybe he has the hots for you since the very first day," Cristine said.

"Impossible. If he already liked you when he first saw you, he would have make a move three years ago." Carrie said.

"He liked Viane when he first saw her but it was only just a matter of days. Knowing Corbin, he has many flings," ani ni Lynn.

"Corbin is just probably making Kellan jealous," Ella said.

"I think he really wants Viane. He has this lust in his eyes," Lynn said.

"That, or" ani ni Cristine. We waited for her additional reason. "Something pushed him to do that,"

"What is it?" Lynn asked, her face painted with confusion.

"Or someone," Cristine added.

Burp! "Excuse me," I excused and giggled. Nabusog ako sa pagkain at sa mga hula-hula nila. Grabe! Pero gutom pa rin ako!

"I'll go get coke," pagpresinta ni Lynn at lumabas sa kwarto ko.