Chapter Two

I walked away from the group and down the hall but I still felt their eyes on me. Everyone I passed took a double take and many stared. Something about Willow Creek felt... Wrong.

           I knew I couldn't get through today with everyone looking at me like I was a freak. I learned not to care what people thought when I was little but I couldn't help it right now. I rushed to my first class but that didn't help either when my teacher called me to the front.

           "Class, we have a new student, please tell the class your name and where you're from," Mrs. Smith said. I sighed "my name is Wren Walker and my last house was in Tennessee," I said with my head down. "That's a long ways away, why'd you come here?" A kid asked and I hesitated and turned back to Mrs. Smith. "Am I done now?" I asked and with a moments hesitation she nodded.

           I went back to my seat in the back and sat through the class without saying another word. I didn't even pay much attention, not much happens on the first day of school anyways. Or so I thought.

           "Wren!" Somebody said behind me as the bell rang and everybody got up to leave. I didn't plan on stopping but I sighed and looked behind me. There was a girl with black hair and electric blue tips that matched her eyes ran up to me. I looked back at the floor.

           "Hi, I'm Aria," she said and I was about to walk away when she stepped in front of me. "I know you probably don't want to talk to me but I do want to get to know you," Aria said. I waited a moment before answering, "that's why I can't," I said quietly and went to walk away.

           Aria grabbed my sleeve, "why?" She asked and I glanced back at her lifting up my face where she froze and looked at me. I went to walk away again but she smiled, "that's pretty cool, I wish my eyes looked like that," she said and I looked back at her with curiosity. She was still smiling and when I closed my eyes and looked away I swore I saw a look of disappointment.

           "So why did you move here from Tennessee?" Aria asked. "I'm a foster kid, I can't help it," I said in a loud enough voice that the passing kid looked at me but kept walking. When I looked back at her for a second to see her shocked face I walked away. This time she didn't stop me.

           I went to all my other classes, keeping my head down until lunch. I walked into the cafeteria looking at my feet, I didn't get a tray, I just took a seat at a deserted table. People were giving me warning looks but nobody said anything to me so I just declared them weird.

           Turns out I was wrong. That strange group in the hallway came and sat down around me at the circular table. Nobody said anything, just looked at one another, I kept my head down, "I'm just going to leave," I said and went to get up but the girl sitting beside me grabbed my wrist and pulled me down with brute force. "Hey!" I shouted but nobody around us looked at them or me.

           "What's your name?" The guy across from me asked, he had longish brown hair that curled around his ears, along with brown eyes. "Wren Walker," I said, "I hear you moved from Tennessee because you're a foster kid... That true?" The one with light brown hair and hazel eyes asked. I nodded, "Walker is my real last name, I don't change it," I said and he nodded. The girl with blonde hair and emerald green eyes still held my wrist to the table until I started glaring at her.

           "I bet your glare would be more intense if your eyes weren't different colors," the girl with brown hair and blue eyes said. I looked down again but I couldn't help but wanting to challenge her, my eyes cut up at her. Her smile faltered and she glanced at the boy beside her with black hair and blue eyes, he seemed to be studying the situation.

           He watched my every move and the other two boys, one had blonde hair and green eyes, the other had dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, they occasionally asked me question. I answered best I could without giving too much away about myself. The one with black hair and blue eyes didn't say anything, he just kept observing me.

           The table went silent for a few moments, the others occasionally looked at the one with black hair but he was focused on me. "Tell me about your birthmark," he finally said and his voice was chilling, I could tell he made it that way though. I played the same game and stared at him for a few moments before answering.

           "I was born with it," I said, looking down at the paw print on my hand. He glanced at the guy with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. "Did you ever have trouble staying in one place for a long period of time?" He asked. I stared at him with shock and then I got up to leave and the blonde girl grabbed my hand again.

           Something that resembled a snarl came out of me and when she looked at me with surprise I turned and walked away. I passed through my last few classes with barely a word to anyone and when the last class of the day got out I walked out to my car. When I walked outside the group I met at lunch was standing by my car.

           "I'm Jacob," the one with black hair and blue eyes said, "that's Carter, and that's Kidd," he said pointing to the dirty blonde headed one with blue eyes and brown haired one with brown eyes. "Ethan and Aiden," Jacob said with a gesture the one with light brown hair and hazel eyes and the one with blonde hair and green eyes. "And the girls are Alyssa and Serina," he said pointing at the blonde and then at the brunette.

           "What do you want?" I asked in a low voice.

A/N:

I hope you guys enjoyed!! The story gets more interesting throughout the book, at least in my opinion. :D

Please Vote and Comment :)

Picture----> Jake (Jacob)

Love you guys!! <3

Byee