Chapter Sixteen

I woke up looking into a bright light. I moved to shield my eyes from the sudden change, but my hands didn't move. I looked down and waiting for my eyes to adjust. When I could see clear enough I found myself restrained to a bed in the middle of a room.

          This room seemed normal, like I was in a house. Suddenly all the previous events came back to me and I gasped. I immediately started looking for a way out. I yanked at my restraints but they didn't budge and they burned my wrists. I cried out in pain as tears sprung to my eyes.

          I heard footsteps coming and I felt my wolf pushing at the surface. I felt my eyes start glowing and my teeth and claws lengthen as I continued to struggle against the restraints despite the pain. When I saw a boy with light grey-colored hair and violet eyes enter the room I shot up and snapped at him along with a snarl. He quickly got out of the way with a sound of surprise and I growled at him.

          A man with blonde hair that had grey mixed in with the result of aging walked in and I growled at him and snarled as well. I felt rage bubbling inside me as I growled at them and I jumped forwards and snapped once again. I was furious that they locked me inside here.

          The grey haired boy's hair that looked more bleach blonde, almost white, in the dimly lit room shared the old man's blue eyes, but the violet in the grey-haired boy's eyes was not a property the old man possessed. They were trying to find a way to get to me that wouldn't cause them to lose a finger, but every time they took a step towards me I snapped at them. I growled louder at them in warning, trying desperately not to register the pain in my wrists and ankles.

          "Wren, calm down!" the grey-haired boy shouted and I gave him a look of surprise and curiosity. How did he know my name?

          He took this opportunity to crawl on top of the table and pin my legs down with his knees and tried to keep my arms still with his hands while dodging my snapping teeth. I fought beneath him as his weight held me down. I looked over at the old man who was filling a syringe with something that I knew was meant for me. I looked worriedly into the violet eyes above me as I felt my wolf trying to shift.

          Something was wrong. I couldn't shift. I started panicking and looking for any means of escape. I felt the restraint on my left hand giving. I gave it a hard yank and it snapped. Worry passed across the grey-haired boy above me as I lashed out and clawed at his face.

          "Wren!" the old man shouted and as I glanced at him he plunged the needle into my arm.

          My strength immediately weakened and my vision became blurry. I was conscience, but I was unable to make an action on what was happening around me, I didn't care to try. I saw the grey-haired boy above me, blood dripping down his chin, as he slowly got off of me. I was pulled into his arms as he started carrying me. I closed my eyes and faded out of consciousness.

***

          I opened my eyes to the same blurry vision I had earlier. There were lights passing above me. It looked like I was in a hospital. I looked over to my right to see the face of the grey-haired boy whose name I couldn't remember.

          I was still in the grey-haired, violet-eyed boy's arms. Something about him seemed surreal, like he was meant for something so much more than to be just an Alpha of a pack. He glanced down at me and tried giving me a small smile. I didn't react, I just continued to stare.

          Something about this boy made me curious to find out more about him. Something inside me wanted to figure this pack that bordered mine out. Dizziness overcame me once again and I rested my head against the grey-haired boy's shoulder and faded from consciousness once more.