Chapter Three

They all looked at me for a few moments before Jacob spoke. "I was wondering if you were interested in joining our group," Jacob said and I glanced between them. "I'd rather just stay an outsider," I insisted and a look of amusement flashed across his face.

           "That will change," Jacob said with a grin and when he walked away everyone around me followed him. I couldn't help but watch them as they went along. Anyone else who was passing cast a glance at me. Where'd they come from? I asked myself. I climbed in my car and drove away. I had to drive through a dirt path to get to my new house.

           As I was driving slowly along the road a wolf jumped out in front of me. I slammed on breaks. The wolf was huge. The paws were bigger than my hand and it was as tall as my car with a lean frame.

           The wolf that stepped out behind it was more muscular and I could tell that the one in front was a girl now. She was more of a blonde color with strange, emerald eyes. The other wolf was brown with amber brown eyes. They both stopped and looked at me.

           A sandy colored wolf ran out behind them. Followed by a dark brown, then another blonde, a light brown. When they all passed the road a black one passed, he was taller, leaner, had more muscle, I immediately claimed him the Alpha of the pack.

           He looked up with piercing blue eyes and didn't look away. I stared back at him and he barked followed by a small snarl and the other wolves looked behind them. Then they looked at me. The black wolf snarled at the others and ran off the road and passed the others and the others ran off after him.

           I slowly started driving again looking through the forest for anymore animals. When I got home Emily rushed out the house. "Wren! How was your first day of school?" She asked excitedly.

           I told her what she wanted to hear. "It was great, I made a few... Friends," I said hesitating a second. Emily smiled, "good," she said and gave me a small hug before gesturing for me to follow her into the house. "I'll catch up with you later, I'm going to walk through the forest," I said and a flicker of disappointment flashed across her face before she nodded and gave a slight smile.

           "Be home in a couple hours!" Emily called after me and I nodded and pulled my hood up over my head. The forest seemed so different yet so familiar. I'd walked through many forests and they were all different but this one seemed... Warmer, more friendly and treacherous at the same time.

           I walked all the way to a river and looked around for any and all wildlife. I was looking down the river when a ruffle of breath rustled my hood. I whirled around quickly to see the black wolf standing inches from me.

           I looked into its blue eyes and he breathed again, pushing my hair back behind me, pushing the hood off my head. I took a step back and glanced around me to see his pack trapping me in a circle, heads down. I knew it was wrong to turn your back on a wolf but I did to find the light brown wolf there. I was trapped now.

           I turned back to the black wolf. Something about him was familiar. The way he studied me. "Let me go," I said, finding it stupid that I was talking to a wolf. He must have understood because I heard a low growl, almost a snarl come from him.

           "Let me go!" I said louder and it came out in a growl. I had a surprised look on my face from what I did and he tilted his head to the side. He barked at me, "what?" I asked him and he lowered his head. I turned to run and push through the wolves around me, a stupid idea- I know.

           The wolves around me blocked all exits and I couldn't do anything but turn back to the black wolf. "What do you want from me?" I shouted at him and he tilted his head again. "Leave me alone," I said walking over to him, he stood taller, as if challenging me.

           Next thing I knew he was howling and then the others joined him. For someone right in the middle it set my ears ringing and I became dizzy and collapsed to the ground, covering my ears. I had the strange urge to join them but I didn't.

           I ran from the circle, running as fast as my feet would take me. When I turned around nothing was following me, but I didn't stop. I didn't stop until I reached my house and was locked up inside.

A/N:

I hope you guys liked this! I know it's a little short but hopefully it's satisfactory!

If you have any Questions or Concerns please private message me :)

Please Vote and Comment :D

Picture----> Kidd

Love you guys!! <3

Byee