Chapter Six (Edited)

Scarlett's P.O.V:

"Are you going to college today?" My mother asked me. She was wearing her maid attire right now as she was soon leaving for work. 

"No. Why do you ask?" I replied in a sleepy voice as it was six in the morning.

"Oh that's good!" She cheerfully said and widened the door to come inside my room. 

"It's good because...?" I was very sleepy and in no mood to work today. College was hectic and the work they gave just took all of your time.

"I need your help today." She replied in a serious tone.

"Help with what?" I raised my head a little to show her I was listening. But the blinding light from the window caused me to groan and hide my face in my pillow again.

"Well today I have to clean the whole house. Not just ours, but Mrs Burns' too." She stated smugly. I groaned and dig my face more into the pillow.

"No!" I dragged out and raised my face again so she could hear me clearly. It was too early and I was too tired to get up, "Ma, this is child abuse! Are you really letting your child go through all of this misery?" 

"There's no need for the drama. You are going to work with me. Now go change out of your night clothes!" She demanded in a strict tone which made me jerk up instantly. As much as I wanted to avoid it, i knew her and anger don't ever mix well.

Reasoning won't work, neither will the puppy dog face, "But-" 

"Butts are for sitting dear." 

Firstly, don't ever argue with mom. She'll always win. Secondly, don't keep eye contact with her for too long; you'd want to run away and never come back. And thirdly, she hates whining, like I am doing right now.

I heard her footstepd coming towards the edge of my bed and felt the covers being ripped off me. I shouted in complain, "Ma!"

"Now get up dear; we have a long day ahead." She left the room as I stomped towards the bathroom to get ready. I quickly changed my clothes because I knew my mom, she's an impatient woman.

I turned the tap on and lathered the soap onto my hands to wash my face. As I was massaging my face, I heard the water stop flowing. I raised my hands and felt the tap to notice that the water was indeed, not flowing out anymore.

I knew who the Devil is..

"David you asshole!" I cursed loudly and banged my hands against the sink in frustration. Ouch. . .

"Language young lady!" My mother scolded me from outside. I could hear distant laughing and I knew that it was David.

"He messed up the pipeline again!" I was getting frustrated. I rubbed my face on the clean towel to get rid of the soap.

Me and my brother never got on well. Our relationship wasn't like those in the movies where the girl has an over protective brother who loves her a lot. No, not at all. We are always fighting. He picks up fights about the most pathetic things. Like about the clothes i'm wearing. He constantly taunts me as well.

"David I'll kill you!" I ran towards our backyard where the water tank was. David there, was unscrewing the pipeline leading to my bathroom. Perks of being a mechanic. He had a sneaky grin on his face which was wiped off as soon as he saw me fuming with anger.

Before I could do anything, Ma came in between us, "What the hell is going on?!" She screamed while frantically waving her hands in the air.

"He's messing with the pipes mom! I couldn't even wash my face properly!" I pointed at my face.

"Do you need an excuse to start a fight again David? What is your problem?!" Mom screamed at him; obviously annoyed.

"I was just messing with her!" He defended.

"What is your problem David? Do you seriously enjoy watching me annoyed or were you never born with a brain?!" He was just standing there, looking as furious as I was. But I wasn't the reason for this. He does it all the time.

"Don't talk to me like that! Just because you're studying in a big college doesn't mean you are to be a bitch here!" He retorted and emphasized on the word 'big'.

"Ha! Says the one who failed every subject in ninth grade!" I said mocking him.

He stepped towards me, "Why you-"

"Enough! David, you fix this now! Scarlett go to your room and get ready!" Mom cut him off. With a huff I turned and stomped towards my room. He always does this.

-------

"Did you dust the TV room?" Mom asked while dusting the coffee table. We were at the Burns house. My mom asked me to help her since she was asked to clean the whole place. All three floors!

"Yes, all done."

I was seriously getting bored. The only source of entertainment for me over here was Haley but she was out to give her registration exam for her admission in college. The result will come out after a month or so. I really hope she makes it. 

My exams were also about to start. The first one is on Monday, three days from now. I wasn't really worried about it because I had studied for it yesterday. Now, I just needed time to revise it but it seems like I won't be getting any. 

"Hey Ma?" 

"Yes?"

"Do you need me to do something else?" I just finished cleaning the third floor and the TV room. Hectic job it was.

"Can you mow the lawn?" She asked and jerked her head towards the window, indicating the lawn. 

"The gardener didn't come today?" I whined. I wasn't in the mood to mow the lawn. Actually, I never am. It's too long and time taking job which leaves you restless and panting. 

"No, he said his wife was sick." I snorted and rolled my eyes at this. What a lame excuse. Lies.

"Alright.." I slumped my shoulders and walked out the coffee room towards the huge lawn. By saying huge, I mean huge! It took more than an hour to get this job done. It was annoying and frustrating.

If I was a spoilt rich brat. I would've stomped my feet, crossed my arms over my chest, made a weird pouty expression and whined.

But I had to face reality. While working in the lawn I couldn't help but think about my life, my family. What do we have? My father owns two small farms and a tractor. He also has a small house in our village, which used to be our ancestors. But that's it. No mansions, no plots, nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Why can't life just get better?

-------------

Hope you liked it! :D

VOTE/COMMENT/FAN

Thanks again for reading!

xMagicLollipops