Chapter Thirty Four

*FOUR YEARS LATER*

Scarlett's P.O.V:

Life has never been better. We didn't have to do any jobs, I was done with university, mum was better and David was home schooled. We had settled well in California. Grandpa was running a successful business and let us live in his home.

"Scarlett, dinner's ready!" I heard my grandma call me downstairs. Ma was a lot better now, she had forgiven her parents (very emotional moment. Everyone was crying so much that when David entered, he examined the situation and left). She even started dating, but always said that she would only love Dad.

We sat around the dining table and ate the food cooked by the chef. It used to be awkward and quiet atfirst. It was better now. Grandpa asked me to bring the mail inside. I did as asked and he started opening the first one he saw.

"Oh! Blacks gettin' married." He exclaimed joyfully. Grandma took the letter from his hands and read through. They both looked very excited to attend whoevers wedding it was.

"Who are you guys taking about?" Ma asked.

"It's my close friend from London dear. His son is getting married!" London...

"Can I see the letter grandpa?" I put forward my hand to wards and he handed me the letter. I unfolded it and the context had me stunned.

Hayden and Veronica are getting married in two weeks.

------

We were in London a day before the wedding. Grandpa said that Mr Black had already made arrangements for our stay. Mum and I had visited Mrs Burns and Hayley. But this time, we were the guests, not maids. Mum had asked if they were coming to the wedding. Mr Black had invited all his business partners including Mr Burns.

When we left I requested to go Rosie's house. We had stayed in contact and I had told her everything about my life in California. She was glad that I had moved on from my past. Mum dropped me off at Rosie's and left saying she'd pick me up at five. When Rosie opened the door, she tackled me in a hug. I hadn't told her I was coming back to London for a few days. And I certainly didn't tell her about visiting her.

"Oh my God!" She squeezed me tightly and the dropped her arms to her side, "What the hell are you doing here?!" She yelled. Not angrily, more in an excited way.

"Grandpa had to attend a wedding here and thought of bringing all of us." Her smile faded slowly as she looked at me with an uncomfortable expression.

"Are you talking about... his wedding?" She fumbled her fingers nervously. What was there to be nervous about?

"If by 'his' you mean Hayden, then yes, I'm talking about his wedding." I calmly said. I still loved him. The thought of him getting married to someone else (especially Veronica) made me feel sick.

"Oh, yeah..." She nodded but then grabbed my hand and pulled me inside. She dragged me to the main room and we both sat down. She had the biggest smile on her face and then she sighed. Turning her head towards me, she said, "Do you notice anything different about me?"

I gave her a look over and noticed that she had gotten taller and dyed her hair, "You've gotten taller and you dyed your hair?"

"Not that. Something else..." She but her lip and raised her eyebrows. It took time but I finally noticed it.

"You're engaged?!" I exclaimed and she squealed, clapping her hands excitedly and shouted yes. The rest of the day was passed talking about her 'oh hot damn' fiancé. She showed my pictures and yes, he was wonderful. Rosie also told that he wasn't as rich, but that didn't change her mind. He has a heart of gold, according to her.

------

I opened the door to mums room and came in. She was watching television with her legs propped up on the wooden table. She looked over her shoulder at me and asked what was wrong. I sat next to her on the couch and said, "Ma, I wanted to tell you something."

She looked at me and then picked up the remote, lowering the volume, "What is it?"

"Well, when I was in college, I didn't exactly tell people that I was poor." She looked at me confusedly and told me to continue. I sighed, "So they assumed that I was like them. Rich. I didn't do anything to change their minds."

Ma put her hand on my knee and rubbed it, "What's the matter Scar?"

"I fell in love." I looked at her in the eyes, "With a rich guy. He loved me too. But then, a month before college was to end... they found out." I couldn't control the tears that left my eyes, "They found out I wasn't rich and they bullied me because of that. He left me. He believed what everyone said." I was full on sobbing now. Ma had her arm wrapped around my back as she rubbed my shoulder.

"Most of the times when I told you that I had to go to work or to Rosie's... I was with him." She seemed to understand what I was feeling because she didn't start scolding me for lying.

"Tell me something dear," Mum grabbed face in her hands gently, "Is this the boy who is getting married tomorrow?"

"Yes."

-------

Epilogue is next!

Hope you enjoyed this one! She finally told her mum about Hayden :P

Vote and Comment! :D

Love, xMagicLollipops ❤❤