Chapter Eighteen

Scarlett's P.O.V:

Ted hid me behind him as he led me to the kitchen and assured me that no one will see me as long as I don't have to wait on them.

"Yeah. Helps a lot Ted." I rolled my eyes and let out a frustrated groan, "Helen said everyone will have to assist them!" I complained.

"Yes, but you won't be considered as 'everyone' if you are not here." He stated suggestively, "What do you say?"

"I say you are an imbecile." I said back, "And I suggest you not to make such stupid ideas or plans."

He put his hands on his heart and formed his lips in a fake frown, "Your remark hurt me bad." He clutched his and closed his eyes. But later, opened them and laughed.

"This is serious!" I stomped my foot on the ground hard, "What if they see me?"

"Oh calm down little one, no one will even notice you there. Look around, these people are puffed up with conceit." He made me focus on their body language.

The way they were all sitting straight with their heads held high.

Ladies checking their perfectly manicured nails and showing off the diamond on their fingers. Also, giving the men quite a view of themselves as if they were on display.

Men looking too proud of themselves as they constantly mentioned the brand and cost of their silk suit and ties.

Ted made me notice how insecure they are. How they want to look perfect to hide their anxiety about their looks or body.

He made me compare them with us. We may not have that much money, but we are better. But I was still not confirmed about it. They would still judge.

"You have nothing to complain about Ted. You're the head chef of a five star restaurant." I narrowed my eyes at him in confusion. Why was he saying such things when he was rich himself?

"I'm thankful that I'm not self obsessed like them. If I was, no wonder how pathetic my behaviour would've been towards you and the others." He sighed happily but continued which made his face fall a bit, "So yeah! Nothing will happen."

"And you're so sure because?" I narrowed my eyes and he sighed, mumbling something before speaking, "That's Hayden, right?" He pointed at him as I nodded.

"Can you see how annoyed and bored he looks?" I focused on Hayden and yes indeed, he looked too uninterested in whatever was going on.

"And that's Veronica, I assume?" Again, he pointed the correct girl, "And you can see she's too busy trying to catch Haydens attention by inappropriate methods?" His choice of words made me giggle. He laughed along with me.

"You can also see that he isn't interested in her too. Clearly, he doesn't want to be here." He seemed to be looking at Veronica a lot, "And she's trying too hard. Obviously, she's failing." I laughed loudly which caused most of the staff to look at me.

"So yeah, they both won't notice. Hayden is trying to find a way out and Veronica's too busy impressing Hayden." He looked at me and smiled, "There won't be any problem." And thankfully, that's exactly what happened. They didn't notice my presence as I was ordered to help another table.

They left a little late than expected. Everyone was cleaning up the tables and plates. The waiters and waitresses weren't needed anymore so Helen told us to leave, at eleven at night.

Veronica's P.O.V:

"Did you find it?" I yelled in a hushed tone. I was frustrated as I had been in the office looking for a file for the last fifteen minutes. Also, I had just came back from a pointless dinner and the dress was quite itchy. Too bad, I didn't have time to pick one for myself.

"No! Can you please have patience?" Vince whispered back. Vince was my partner in crime. If you would call this a crime. I was annoyed as I hadn't found that file since we had sneaked into the main office of college.

"Come on, where the heck is it?!" I let out an irritated sigh as I straightened her back which was aching from the constant bending.

"Check the last stack. It has to be there." Vince suggested. He was making me even more annoyed, I really don't know why.

I pushed him out of my way as I made my way to the drawer filled with files. I kept mumbling the name as I checked through each and every one of them.

One name caught my eye. I smiled triumphantly as I had found what I was looking for. I took it out of the drawer and placed it onto a desk nearby.

"You found it?" He didn't know what I wanted to do with that file. All he knew was that he had to find a file which had the name 'Scarlett Jefferson'.

"Found it." I held up the file in light so he could see it clearly. There it was. There was the name I wanted to find so badly, "Finally!"

"Stop being a drama queen and read!" I rolled my eyes at his complaint. I knew he was tired, but he needed to learn how to shut up.

I opened the file and first saw her name and her photograph printed on the side. What confused me the most was that her last name was 'Jefferson' instead of 'Burns'. Why did she live with the Burns instead of her own home?

I also noticed that she's studying here on scholarship. No wonder, she's way too good in studies. I was about to read further but I noticed a flashlight shine right in the corner.

I looked at Vince who was just as shocked as I was. I hurriedly put the file back in the drawer and ran quietly outside with Vince. I face palmed when I remembered I left the drawer open but right now, being caught was not what I was looking forward to.

Sadly, I missed the part where her parents jobs were written. I wish I knew how she was rich. Obviously, it was her parents money, but then again, how?

Scarlett's behaviour had been different from all of us. She was very unique and you could easily pick her out as something special. Her style was different, her posture, or clothing. Everything showed that she isn't someone who she everyone says she is.

I knew what I had to do.

I will find out who Scarlett Jefferson really is by befriending Haley Burns.

----

Hello again! :D

What do you think about this chapter? Like it? Love it? Hate it?

So, in this chapter, Veronica wants to find out more about Scarlett. She's like, her stalker.

Don't hate on Veronica ok! She likes Hayden too much (; just saying. But Veronica's a nice girl, just like Hayden said.

So just so you know, I'm really happy that I have 180+ reads now. Thankyou :'D

Next chapter: Hayden and Scarlett's date!! :D And another surprise!

Plus, the next update will take three to four days :(

Anyways, thanks again for reading+voting and please comment. I want to know how you want my story to be like.

Love,

xMagicLollipops :*