Chapter Nineteen

Scarlett's P.O.V:

I couldn't think about it. Today was my date with Hayden. My first ever date. I couldn't judge my feelings about the date or Hayden.

He wasn't confusing. But, my feelings were. I was not able to understand if I liked Hayden or not. Did Hayden like me or not?

One minute, I hated him. The next, I liked him. And now? I don't understand.

I couldn't choose what to wear. He hadn't told me if the event was casual, or I had to wear something classy. That's why I asked help from Haley.

I should've known that it was the worst decision I had ever made.

Clothes were flying everywhere as Haley searched for something I could wear. She didn't know who my date was. Hell, no one did. She was very persistent on knowing who I was going out with, on my first ever date.

"Hm, I think I found something for you.." She quietly mumbled as she rummaged through the mass of clothings.

"What?" I asked and stood up to look at what she had 'in store for me' (as she put it).

"Na-ah-ah! No looking!" She pushed me back and hid... whatever it was behind herself, "You will get a look after you're ready."

"But-" I was cut off with a stern look. It gave me an idea that she was set on what she had decided. She had set a chair right in front of her make up kit.

I hesitantly made my way towards the chair and sat down, not before giving her a look which she ignored.

Haley began taking out many cosmetics that I was unfamiliar about. I did recognise mascara and the eye liner. From powders to creams, almost everything was set in front of me.

I gazed at Haley in disbelief. Did she really spent money on such waste? Isn't an eye liner and mascara enough?

"Well. Close your eyes, and let me do my magic." She clapped her hands. Right now, she looked like one of those strange, posh French makeup artists.

I closed my eyes and relaxed on the seat. I released a breath I had been holding in for long and thought about what a monster Haley will make me look like.

I could sense her applying foundation on my face; I felt liquid on my eyes and instantly recognised it as eye liner.

I didn't know what she was doing but I knew she used an eyeliner, mascara, foundation, lip gloss and I think.. blush.

After ten minutes I heard Haley release a sigh and put the brush on the table. "Well, you're done."

I opened my eyes but didn't bother asking her if I could see myself as I would get the same answer 'No'.

I was about to get up but was pushed back down by Haley, "No! We still have to do your hair." She spoke sternly and I didn't dare oppose. I just shrugged letting her continue whatever she had to do even though my back was hurting a bit.

I saw take a straightener. I didn't understand the need of a straightener because my hair wasn't frizzy, they never looked like a rats nest.

She straightened my hair from the top and curled them from the bottom. At least, that's what I thought.

It took her twenty minutes to do so. She still didn't allow me to look at myself. I rolled my eyes when she said 'my masterpiece, my rules'.

"Dress time!" Haley exclaimed and clapped her hands, again like those French weirdos.

She, finally, took out a simple dress. It wasn't all casual. Cream coloured cotton dress with spaghetti straps, covered in small flowers. It went just above my knees. Haley also gave me black boots and a leather jacket.