12 : Special Seatmate

"Mmmm...ramen...," you muttered half-awake as you hugged Totoro tighter. The familiar chirping of the birds outside let you know that it was already morning. You reached for your glasses at the bedside drawer and squinted at the time.

OH CRAP!

It was less than twenty minutes before your first class starts. You have forgotten to set your alarm on. You jolted upright, tossing Totoro and your blanket away. You found a small note beside your alarm clock.

-----

Joo Ri-yah,

I need to go to the library to finish my homework so I'm going first. See you at lunch!

- Ji Min

-----

You made a dash for the bathroom but collapsed halfway on the floor. Your leg muscles were hurting from all the running you did during the love event yesterday.

"Stupid event," you muterred.

You pulled yourself back up and limped to the bathroom, but limped right back to your bed again to pick Totoro and your blanket up. You dropped them in a messy pile on top of your bed.

You did your early morning rituals in a rush and made a dash for the door. You have already locked it when you remembered that your limiter was still on your drawer. You fumbled for your keys again and opened the door in a panic but dropped your keys instead.

"Ugh! Stupid keys!"

You quickly picked it up and unlocked the door. You hurried to get your limiter and locked the door right after. You were about to run off but you heard a tearing sound near your waste. You looked back to see a part of your skirt getting stuck on the door.

"Oh for goodness' sake!" You unlocked the door again and pulled your skirt free. You closed it back with a bang. "Stupid door!"

You half-run, half-limped towards the school, not caring about breakfast anymore. You groaned in agony as you started ascending the two flights of stairs leading to the second floor. Your legs felt like jelly and seemed like their strength was about to give in with every step.

"Ugh! Where are elevators when you need them?" You muttered.

You successfully clambered your way to the second floor and dragged yourself in the hallway on the way to your classroom.

"Hey, your bag is open!" A student who was passing by told you.

You checked on your backpack and the zipper was indeed wide open. "Oh, stupid bag."

You were about to close it when a strong impact sent your poor knees tumbling to the floor.

"Don't block the way!" The girl who bumped you yelled and just continued on her way without even helping you up.

"What the – I was in the corner all along. Aish!" You murmured in agitation, though you were not brave enough to say it out loud. You dusted yourself off and started picking up the contents of your bag which had now littered across the hallway. You just shoved everything into your bag without even bothering to organize them. You bent down to pick another notebook but you bumped your head into someone else's.