14 : On Teachers' Nerves

"Stop it already!" You told Chanyeol as another piece of crumpled paper landed on your face. He had been throwing those things at you and Kai for a while now.

You went to the restroom right after lunch to brush your teeth and do some other restroom stuff.

People see them as though they're some kind of hot celebrities but they're actually just a bunch of derps, you laughed to yourself as you washed your hands.

"Ya! You!"

You spun around and saw Bitch Queen Choi So Yeon standing about ten steps away from you. You looked around and saw that you were the only people around.

"Me?" You asked.

"I suggest you don't put yourself where you don't belong," she said.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"And is it true you're Class D?"

"Uhm, yeah?"

"All the more pathetic," she laughed.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm only gonna say this once," she said as she came closer. You were standing face to face now, or rather she was glaring down at you since you were inches shorter. "If you're smart enough, you'll do what I say for your own good. Lowlifes like you should know where you stand."

"Wha –," you didn't get to say anything in response since she already started walking out, bumping you on the shoulders along the way."

"I didn't even understand a thing she was saying," you muttered as you rubbed your shoulders.

You went back to your classroom feeling a little lost. Mr. Bae, your history teacher came shortly after to start hell class.

"Here comes the demon king," Chanyeol whispered behind you.

"Page one hundred and four," he said without bothering for greetings or introductions.

You stood up from your seat to move your desk beside Kris'.

"What are you still doing Song Joo Ri?" He asked in annoyance.

"I'm sharing Wu Kris-sshi's book sir," you answered.

"I know you are. Why didn't you move your desk before the class started? Are you deliberately trying to disturb my class or don't you have any common sense?"

"Uhm, well, I wasn't sure if we were using books today so I didn't move my desk beforehand," you reasoned.

"She has a point, sonsaengnim," Kai remarked. You gave a nervous look at him but he just stared at your teacher with a bored expression.

"Oh, Kim Jong In, so good to see you again. You finally show up in class after three school days straight of being absent," Mr. Bae remarked sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, sonsaengnim. I was sick," Kai explained without any sincerity.

"Is that so? Show me your medical certificate," Mr. Bae demanded.

"I don't have one," Kai answered.

"Well, too bad. You are not excused. Just four more absences and you'll be kicked out of this class," Mr. Bae said. You thought he sounded pleased.

"Okay," Kai just shrugged indifferently which made Mr. Bae more aggravated than he already was.

Does this guy really want to be kicked out?!

You were alarmed at Kai's seemingly careless attitude especially when Mr. Bae was not just some teacher. He was the 'demon king' as Chanyeol had put it.