15 : Not So Normal Wednesday

"Whew!" You breathed deeply as you and Ji Min took your seats at the cafeteria.

"Hahaha! You're really funny," Ji Min laughed at you.

"I'm just nervous. I've never been to a monster class after all," you told her.

"Well, I can't say it's the same as normal human lessons, but it's also not that different. Just relax. No need to be so nervous. It's just abnormal day ," Ji Min told you.

"Abnormal day?"

"Haha! That's what I call Wednesdays."

"Actually, that fits well," you laughed. "But really, I can't shake my nervousness off. I hate it when I don't know what to expect."

"Well, Monsterology is more on lecture. In Monster Essentials, the teacher might ask the students to try things out but it totally depends on the lesson. As for your Special Class, I have no idea exactly what your class will be doing but the lessons will be more specific on your monster category," she informed you.

"What's a monster category again?"

"It's more of a collective classification of monsters. For example, you belong to the Feline category since you have cat-like characteristics. Or those who can use fire, water, wind, and etcetera belong to the Elementals category," she explained.

"So, you're an Elemental?"

"No. I may be a sea monster but I can't control water. I'm just mental," she said and laughed at her own joke. "Anyways, my Special Class is with piscines and other sea creatures. You, on the other hand, will be with other felines. You'll also be with canines. They merged the felines' and canines' Special Class since you have lots of similar characteristics."

"Canines, you mean like dogs?"

"Yes. Monsters with dog-like characteristics like wolves and orthros."

"Wolves? Like real werewolves? And what's an orthros?"

"An orthros is a two-headed dog. You see them a lot in human mythology books. And yes, werewolves, but not like the ones you see in movies who go crazy on full moons and transform into half-human half-wolf creatures. You know, don't stress yourself out with these things. You'll learn all these in time. Just chill, 'kay?"

"Even if you say that, it's still my first monster class," you said anxiously.

"Just enjoy it. You might find it fun since it's something new to you," Ji Min encouraged you.

"Just one last question, will I get to see students in their monster selves?"

"Maybe. Monster classes are actually some of the few instances that we might get to take off our limiters during class. It depends on the teacher," she answered.

Oh God. I just hope I don't faint.

The both of you finished your breakfast quickly and headed to your classrooms.