32: Interrogation

You blew a shaky breath as you stood outside the door to the Chairman's Office

You blew a shaky breath as you stood outside the door to the Chairman's Office. Your knees were shaking and your palms were wet from sweat. You gave another nervous sigh before raising your knuckle to knock. The door opened however before you could even knock.

"Song Joo Ri-sshi, please come in," Maru, you remembered, greeted you and ushered you inside. It seemed he already knew you were outside.

Right. Monster instincts.

The room was surprisingly empty, but Maru led you to another door inside the office. He knocked on the door twice before opening it, revealing what seemed to be a conference room. You peered anxiously before hesitantly stepping inside. About a dozen heads turned to you as you stood by the door, not quite sure of what to do.

"Ah, Song Joo Ri-sshi. Welcome," the chairman greeted you. He was seated at the edge of a long rectangular table and motioned for you to take the seat opposite his. You scanned the faces of the other people who were there. The first person you saw was Suho, who was giving you a comforting smile. There were also Coach Yunho, your history teacher Mr. Bae, and most of the PE faculty among other teachers whose face you recognized but didn't really know personally. There were also a couple of people whom you had only seen today.

"Annyeong haseyo," you bowed, your voice sounding unnaturally small. You proceeded to the seat that the chairman indicated and sat uncomfortably.

"How are you doing?" The chairman asked. It had been a long time since you've last seen him and you barely recognized him today. He looked so decent in his gray suit compared to his strange appearance during your previous encounters with him. Of course he must have dressed up properly for today's meeting, you thought, and somehow, it made you feel nervous, wondering if his personality changes along with his image. It was a comforting thought that the chairman wasn't like other teachers who always seemed critical and intimidating. Today, however, he looked fairly serious, and for the first time you actually saw him as the school's chairman. He looked genuinely concerned though when he asked you how you were doing, which you took as a good sign.

"I'm...alright, I guess," you answered.

"And what happened to your nose?" one of the teachers asked.

"I...I got it during the PE match yesterday," you answered uncomfortably.

"How is it?"

"It's very painful but it's not broken," you answered.

"Hah! That is nothing compared to what happened to my son!"

Your eyes fixed on a middle-aged woman who was sitting among the teachers. She was wearing somewhat luxurious clothes, and her neck, as well as her wrists, fingers and ears, were adorned with costly looking jewels. She had her hands curled in a fist while her mouth quivered as she pressed them into a thin line. The man beside her placed a comforting hand over her shoulder.