Prologue

I should have noticed the looks people were giving me all week.

I should've questioned the male wolves' sudden interest in being tutored by me, when previously they despised the idea.

I should've asked of the disgusted glances I was recieving from the adult wolves, even my parents.

I should've paid attention to the different scents on the items of clothing my best friend kept lending to me, wardrobe advice she said.

I should've demanded for my parents to let me in when they heartlessly tossed me out of my own home and into the freezing cold rain.

I should've asked why my friend since first shift turned me away when I needed her the most.

I should've done a lot of things.

But I didn't.

Shock had clouded my senses, successfully hindering the ability to defend myself. By the time it wore off, it was already too late.

I was already the pack reject.

I was already disowned.

I was already being starved.

I was already the punching bag.

I was already an object of shame.

Homeless,

Lonely.

Isolated, a wolf's worst nightmare. For such social creatures being alone is unnatural, it's depressing. A slow killer.

'just 15 and she's already a little slut' they said.

About a year and a half into this situation and I'm still not used to it. It feels like I'll wake up and find that everything is back to normal again, that I'm loved once more. I want to believe that I could've prevented the whole thing, but in some sick and twisted way, I'm glad I couldn't. It opened my eyes, showed me who real and who wasn't, who I had in my corner.

The sad reveal though was that I had no one.

No one stuck by me, no one chose to believe a merely 16 year old girl who had shown them nothing but respect and obedience, defying all laws of adolescence.

Not my Alpha, not my Luna, not my father and worse, not my mother.

It was just too easy for them to toss me aside so they couldn't have really cared anyway.

What I will never forget however, is that it's my supposed best friend that brought this pain, this....this humiliation upon me.

People hurt me all the time now and they get away with it.

Why? I'm told I deserve everything I get.

The only thought that keeps me going is that of finding my mate. Lara, my wolf, is giddy with excitement since the time is just around the corner but I have this niggling feeling in the back of my mind telling me that my mating will NOT be a fairytale.

My name is Rain, I'm a she-wolf and THIS is my story.