Chapter 18

3rd Person

"Good," He cut in, "because we're over"

The disbelief that flooded Rain's being caused her to outright laugh. And she laughed SO hard that she nearly fell off her chair.

At this four of the previous occupants of the kitchen left, feeling uncomfortable at the scene. Connor chose to lean back on his wall and wait out Rain's fit of laughter, he knew the words would sooner sink in the girls head, and so he waited.

Jason felt bittersweet at JJ's words, yes Rain was too good for JJ so they shouldn't have been paired to each other in first place; despite knowing that the kid was a coward who blew empty words, despite that he was weak, this would hurt the girl. Jason didn't like it one bit so to avoid giving away his feelings towards JJ, he kept his face a blank mask. Because this mama's boy was his future Alpha, no matter what.
~~~~

"But that CANNOT be!!" Alpha Jackson bellowed slamming both his hands down on his oak desk as, looking at his mate in disbelief.

"My love please calm down," Lilly said softly, attempting to calm the storm. She could see in his eyes that Jackson's wolf had made his presence known and the veins in his thick neck were straining.

"This pack will NOT fall under power of another Alpha, Never!" He yelled again, pointing a threatening finger at his mate, his wolf blind with rage.

Lilly quickly went down on her knees, bowing her head in submission with her neck exposed. She knew this was not her mate, only an Alpha defending his territory.

"Alpha I know," She addressed him, the command in his voice having brought forth her rank order of obedience. "But we can still handle the situation, she IS only carrying." She said her tone humble.

Jackson looked at the she-wolf before him, her submissive position calming his angry wolf, she knew who her ruler was. "Rise" He growled walking over to his window behind his desk for he'd been standing in front of it.

Lilly rose cautiously, she had seeked her mate after JJ left for the girl, she'd thought the news was urgent, but she didn't think Jackson would get this angry.

"Are you sure she's pregnant?" He asked firmly, taking a deep breath. This was bad if it was as his mate was telling him.

"Of course I am, look how old JJ is, don't you think I'd know?" Lilly retorted, her tone still calm. She knew of the signs telling of pregnancy, after all her own child was 18 years of age AND she's had to congratulate many mated she-wolves of their successful breeding over the years as Luna.

"And you think she's not carrying for JJ why?" Jackson asked, he had to be sure he wasn't unreasonable in his anger.

"The signs are already there, It's been Six weeks since Alpha Emmery touched her, the timing's right." She relay information which in her head, the calculations were proper.

"Didn't you just report to me that she was locked in and copulating with JJ for TWO weeks Lilly? Can't the pup be OUR grandchild?" Jackson asked, he had to explore every angle in this delicate matter.

"No!" Lilly was quick to answer, "In actuality it was 11 days, not enough time that she should already be displaying signs, the unborn pup cannot belong to this family." She stated that which she actually believed, of course she was not there to see to Rain's release from the cells so she suspected that the girl was already pregnant. It didn't cross her mind that the signs might show early cause the girl was carrying an Alpha child. To her, JJ was just her son so she didn't focus much on the idea that he too was of Alpha blood.

With the information brought to his attention, Jackson set about clearing his land of any threat, an Alpha protecting what's his. "Call the pack to Court." He ordered of his mate, who with a bow of her head rushed out of the office. Jackson was left to wonder if this girl was in cahoots with Emmery to destroy Canyon Pack since HE couldn't? It seemed unlikely but perhaps she'd been promised wealth beyond imagination, however unlikely it was. Whatever the case, he wanted her gone.

~~~~

"JJ, you can't be serious!" Rain said sobering up, the words making her wonder if this was really happening, had she been under a false sense security all along? "What about all we've done? You said you love me" she said, her voice wavering. "That you'll take care of me?"

"What?" JJ mocked, "You got that from a couple of tumbles in-between the sheets?"

"But you are mate! You said that-"

"Look here:" He could see the shock and shame bringing the girl to tears, he could also feel his wolf fighting him, he didn't care.

"I deserve better!" He yelled, "I'm the next Alpha in line and I deserve something that will belong to me and me ALONE." He said. "And you've been AROUND, what kind of ruler does it make me to everybody's leftovers Rain?! Did you think of how I would feel about that? You fucking didn't that's what! This is why I-"

"Don't do this JJ, I love you!" Rain begged sobbing, her heart crumbling.

"Jackson Jr. Royalle reject you Rain Echo Everton as my mate and future Luna of this pack." He finished with a hardened heart, ignoring Rain's pleas just as Lilly came through the door with many guards.

"I'm done here," JJ said looking to his mother who gave back a nod. "Let's go." He said to the remaining boys, Jason ran out first, he couldn't stand to see her in pain. But of course, Connor made sure to be the last one out. "I told you so" He mouthed the words Rain's way.

"Take her to The Court!" Luna ordered!