Chapter 12

[Shelly in the pic]

Shelly's POV (surprise, again!)

I couldn't sleep, my whole body was shaking and my ears kept ringing with a sound I'd rather not hear my whole life, with screams I'd pay millions to erase from my head.

Her cries goddess, they haunt me!

They've haunted me ever since that night three weeks ago.

That cursed night!

I swear by the fates I never meant to take things this far, never did I foresee her getting hurt so bad. I'd only kept on because the Rain I knew faced things head on, because MY little pranks weren't capable of breaking her.

Oh, how wrong I was.

So wrong because they did much worse than that, they became gateways for everybody else to do it in my stead.

I need to talk Luna, she's the mother of our pack, she'll understand.

I need to come clean.
~~~~

I was just about Alpha Jackson's office when Luna came out from within, whether it was luck or not that I found her so quickly, I couldn't delve into that too much because my head was near exploding with nothing but hateful voices telling me I'm nobody, to anyone. That I crushed the only person that saw me as worthy. I couldn't breathe.

"Luna, may I have a moment of your time please?" I asked, stopping her from passing me by in the hallway. She stopped with a gasp, looking me up and down in shock.

"By the moon child, what happened to you? You look terrible!" She screeched eyeing my less than clean loose sweats and frazzled hair, and perhaps the deep bags under my eyes.

All of this was overwhelming me, the guilt pressing down on my chest was getting heavier as if boulder after boulder was being thrown my way, I could even feel my knees about to give out.

"Luna that's not important right now, I really need to get some things off my chest. P-please" Even to my ears I sounded pathetic, guilty, sorry.

Luna placed a motherly hand to my cheek, her thumb wiping away tears I had not realized I was crying. She looked so worried, so concerned about my well being, I subconsciously leaned into her touch to capture more of the warmth. Why couldn't my own mother be like this? Why did she have to be so cold?

"What about, sweetheart?" Luna said looking into my eyes encouragingly. I could do this, I am doing this.

"It's about Rain, I lied. I lied abo-" She clamped a hand over my mouth, "Shhhh, not here." I realised we were still in the hallway when she looked around for anyone listening or loitering nearby.

She quickly took my hand and pulled me into one of the offices on Business Floor, a large office that screamed 'RELAXATION'. There was a large flat screen TV hung up on one wall, about four lazy boys huddled together on the right corner and about two wide most comfortable beige sofas separated by a low coffee table. Luna and I were currently sitting opposite each other on these.

"Now, what about Rain?"

That snapped me out of my curiosity a bit, but the reality that I might be punished in the worst way for this had me gathering my bearings for a while.

Deep breaths, don't panic, no hysterics Shelly.

"Rain," I breathed. "I lied, she never did what the pictures in that scrapbook suggest." I said slowly despite my erratic heartbeat.

Luna's face drained of all color, her form going so still I feared she'd turned to stone.

"Luna?" She started, shaking her head wide-eyed. "B-but how?" She asked, "How does one lie about somebody having sex with multiple partners??"

"I did, okay? I manufactured those photos so that I'd get her in trouble!" I tried to explain.

"Honey, its OK to feel guilty but she deserved to be punished for her behavior, she-wolves like her wreck havoc in packs when they go undiscovered. You did the right thing." I was about ready to scream cause she didn't believe me, nobody thought bad of a Harding.

"No!" I protested,  "you don't understand. I paid a budding photographer to put her in shameful poses with those guys while she was out of it, I drugged her, I drugged my BEST FRIEND, my ONLY friend! She never slept with any of them!"

My screaming soon led way to crying, tears running down my cheeks freely, tears of both relief and guilt. I felt lighter, just sharing this with one person nearly healed my heart from the cold block of ice and pain it had become.

I didn't even care what punishment I took for this, I more than deserved it.

"Do you KNOW what you've done??!" Luna's screech was loud as she slapped me so hard, I flew off the couch. My wet cheek stung as I spit blood out of my mouth yet I took the hit without a fight, I deserved it. However, I stayed down to not provoke her any further cause it hurt.

"Goodness, I can't believe it! Our pack could be destroyed if the Council hears of such treatment towards an UNDESERVING pack member!" She stressed as paced crazily, her words had fear gripping my heart so, so painfully.

"And her parents?! It was their responsibility to check the credibility of those damn pictures, they'll be the council's first course!" She chewed on her nails nervously.

"And Emmery? Goddess forgive me." Her voice was wobbling now, so fearful that I lifted my head slightly off the ground.

Did I really bring my Luna to tears?

Did I single-handedly endanger my whole pack?

She suddenly stopped, snapping her fingers. It was the gleam in her eyes that had me wishing I'd kept the truth to myself. That wasn't how a sane person looked when they got a bright idea.

"I know." What did she know?

"YOU" She pointed to my trembling form and I knew nothing good would come from this. "You're the reason we are in this mess in the first place, why should the pack shoulder your sins? Why should MY mate die for your sins?" I suddenly couldn't breathe, if I was hearing her correctly Luna was saying she'd-

"I will blame this on you, this is YOUR baby, if this conversation leaves this room, its your head the Council will come for, do you understand that?"

"Luna please.. don't let them kill me-" I pleaded with sobs wrecking my body, I didn't wanna die, I don't want to die.

"Oh but they won't, because YOUR mother will get to you first!" She spat.
"When she hea-"

THAT couldn't happen! "Luna!" I gasped in horror.

"Do remember that your mother's been the driving force behind all hostility towards your poor victim and SHE acted on thought that her precious daughter outed THE black sheep of the pack." She threatened with a faraway look in her eyes and a small smile playing on her lips, already imagining my end.

"Please don't tell her of this I beg you!" I feared my mother, she wasn't one to mess with, and this was beyond messing.

My Luna just cackled as you'd expect from an evil witch, not a graceful Luna as she. Who was this woman really?

"You are a very selfish young lady aren't you? There is no consideration for this pack's well being in not a single word from your mouth! Even now, well let me fix that.

"You know what your mother would do to you right? Oh, the embarrassment it would bring to your family if everybody was to know of this would not only prompt your mother to cut you off precious Shelly," She droned on, listing off all my fears as if talking about the weather but I couldn't have my mother hate me again. "and no, she wouldn't ignore you like the last time child, she'd personally END you."

"What do you want me to do then?" I asked, exhausted from defeat.

"Finish what you started, show the book to JJ."

***
A/N

Hello lovely people, I would like to thank you for reading, voting and commenting. I don't know when I'll be able to reply to comments (those that require replies) but keep em coming, your thoughts are my fire.

This Addict loves yah <3