Chapter 7

Rain

Alpha Emmery. He was wearing one damn expensive tuxedo but it was wasted on him because the man was a 7 ft tall giant threatening to tear the fabric at the seams. His facial features were obscured by his dark blonde untamed mane and he had this full beard where his lips were barely peeking through.

His looks gave me some idea as to how and why he was able to rule battle grounds; if his human was this intimidating, I did NOT wish to meet his wolf.

He was the loudest of the group and it appeared as if his men only laughed when he did, not that my Alpha and Luna"s forms weren't trembling too. Everybody looked shit scared of him, which got me thinking, why in the hell would they want to associate themselves with him?

I mean if it was power they were looking for then, this deal was a stupid idea, it would accomplish the opposite. We were a tiny pack and by going into an alliance with Midnight, a pack ruled by a much stronger Alpha, they were practically handing Canyon over to him to rule if he wished to!

It didn't make sense, this damn night didn't make sense.

I decided to go ahead and brave the meet after having spotted dad and Eva not too far from the rowdy group.

Coming down this particular staircase, which was practically in center view of the room, was Luna Lilly's idea; she said it would capture everyone's attention but most importantly, Alpha Emmery's attention.

She was right because while everybody was conspicuously eyeing my from behind their wine glasses and murmuring under their breaths, he was staring right at me.

I went down being careful to hold up my gown so I don't trip.
I began fidgeting when people parted like the red sea to make way for none other than Alpha Emmery, and by the gods he was coming to me!

With each wide step he took, I could feel my skin pulling as if ready to flee and leave my bones behind.

What would he do with the offering of a 17 year-old virgin?

He finally reached me, standing so close that I could feel his power almost paralysis me. But I was stunned silent when I saw that his eyes were glistening with unshed tears. Why?

"Moon Goddess, she lives." He murmured so low that I wouldn't have heard him were he not standing so close to me, eyeing me as if I was something precious. And who is she? "Excuse me?" I voiced my confusion, to which he just shook his head in the negative and- I think his body was shaking, this man looked closer to a break-down than anyone I'd ever seen. I looked to the other guests here for help, what do I do now? How do I help him? My eyes met with Luna's and she just gave me this creepy suspiciously happy smile and a thumbs up while some people wore surprised expressions on their faces. What is going on?

A tentative touch snapped me out of wonderland, bringing my attention to a vulnerable looking Alpha. "Is everything alright, Alpha Emmery?" I asked softly as his large hand cupped the side of my face. I could feel it trembling, quaking directly against my skin. But it was slowly getting firmer, his hold. I placed my own hand atop his, just so I could attempt to remove his hands if he decided to hurt me cause I was really unsure of his behavior. My 5"6 height had me looking up at him so I could maybe understand why he was acting this way. I found his hazel eyes gazing at me with wonder.

"Darling," he said on a shaky breath. "I knew I'd find you."

Huh?

He began unbuttoning a couple of buttons at the top of his white shirt, revealing one hairy chest. He wouldn't! Please make him stop! I already shut my eyes tight and started chanting these words like a mantra inside my head, praying that he doesn't try anything in fear of all the people surrounding us.

"Look my darling, I kept this for you!" Wait, what?! I opened my eyes and Emmery's chest was covered once again. Whew! In his hands he held an oval shaped locket on a white gold chain. "Is this for me?" I asked doubtfully, did Luna tell him about me before hand?

He vigorously nodded his head, his lips stretching into a wide smile as he opened its clasp. "I knew you'd want it!"

OK, I'm lost.

By now everybody was minding their own business, except my parents whom I could spy from the corner of my eyes sneaking confused glances my way whilst Alpha Jackson along with his mate were moving around on the other side of the room, probably bragging about their 'perfect' life or the success of the party.

"Turn around my love." Alpha Emmery's gruff voice instructed as his hands delicately held the locket up to me, he seemed too hopeful for an act this simple and he had this... spark in his eyes. I almost declined, until Luna Lilly's words rang inside my head.

"---just please him."

Despite my Luna's instructions, I wasn't planning to please him that way, so this would have to do. I turned around so he could clasp it on, surprisingly it wasn't awkward considering he was a stranger. "Just beautiful." He said turning me back to admire his handiwork, I think.

I was caught by surprise though when I was suddenly pulled into a wet yet passionate kiss, his invading tongue exploring every corner of my mouth, the whole time I fought against the urge to throw-up from all the teeth and butt squeezing involved. I needed my breath and he just wouldn't give me a break!

When he released me from the kiss, I was out of breath, disgusted and embarrassed. And he- he seemed really happy, at peace. "I missed this" He breathed out, tenderly placing forehead against mine his hands tentatively cradling my face as if- as I might disappear. This seemed intimate, sacred... and wrong; it was almost as if he was in-love with me or something.

Almost.

A man approached us and was it not for the giant, I would've kissed him right there for momentarily distracting Emmery from me, I used the opportunity to snatch a glass of wine from a passing waiter/omega, gulping it all down.

"Brother!" The man said jovially. His brother huh? He really did look like him, just... kempt. "Forgotten about us, I see!" Emmery just grumbled in response, rolling his eyes in clear irritation. Well hello Mr. grumpy pants! "Hi I'm John, the beauty between us." So, Emmery is the beast. This got me smiling when he nudged his brother playfully and laughing when he got shoved in return before extending his hand for mine. "And what's your name lovely creature?"

~~~~
As the night went by, Emmery got weirder. He placing light kisses on my knuckles, twirling me all over the dance floor, rudely declining dance offers on my behalf and kissing up my neck... only cause avoided his hungrily seeking lips. Overall, he was possessive.

As he excused himself off, a man young jumpy man bumped into me and some papers fell from his hands. He profusely apologized so I kneeled down carefully to help him pick 'em up, until I saw a photo of... ME?

***
A/N

Hey there! Hope you like the update even though its a bit confusing? Yeah? The next one might clear things up a bit. . .

Could Alpha Emmery be young Rain's mate?

Comment, Vote anything! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Addict loves ya!