Chapter 24

The task that Rain, the abandoned and exiled child of Evangeline and Collin Everton, had taken upon herself was never meant to be an easy one because luck chooses you and never the other way around; for all we knew, Rain was quite unlucky.

3rd Person

Her kids were the fuel behind her need to survive and thus they themselves had to survive being offspring of the hunted, rogues.

During her stay in the wild, Rain had become a mother, a soldier and more so a Commander. She ruled the wind whispering throughout the forests, the trees growing within and the sway of the tall grasses that grew within. The wild became Rain just as Rain became wild.

Our wounded soldier worked her little wolves and she worked them without mercy. This being just one of the many pains the little ones would suffer, the truth behind this? No enemy alive would ever show mercy to them, the pups had to get that message from the very beginning of their lives.

"Is that how slow you'll run Thorn?! Is that it?!" The words growled by Rain had the two year old pup frantic and scrambling for speed, "I can already see it! Those little legs being bitten into by a vicious, most monstrous of wolves!"

For the first two years of their lives, they lived a life of hardship the pups; being forever taught to run, to hide and to never stop. Until, after wandering too far and damn near a nervous breakdown from exertion, Rain collapsed in very unfamiliar territory.

"Wake child, your young worry much." The sound was as loud as a church bell in her head, where nothing but darkness resided. "Where... Where am I?" She managed to cough out.

"Worry no, your voice come back now now, Kentomish mine strong." The blur cleared out of her eyes and Rain could finally see the elderly woman... Well....she had expected to see an elderly woman but instead, lying right by her side was an elderly looking, silvery furred she-wolf.

"Welcome back." And it was communicating through telepathy.

***
A/N
Hi loves, I am heeding your call to continue this story, no matter what. Now, let's do this.