Chapter 28

3rd Person

It was an interesting feat that our Rogue had accomplished, who she had become in the span of time since her painful teenage life, since her accepting her shortcomings and overall, since she set off in a journey to find her lost family. Having left Mama and her twins at Si-Den, she let her energy lead her, with no particular direction in mind but a task from the heart.

In real rogue fashion, Rain bothered packs. She snooped around looking for wolves that were being abused like she once  was, she snooped around looking for people who were interested in an all out attack against rogues just because, she snooped around looking for opportunities; ways in which she could take advantage of all these events combined.

She became a thorn in most Alpha's sides; killing more than a few,  stealing their "captives" who in all truth were just the weakest links of the pack being brutalized, she assisted those she felt deserved it in leaving 'not so kind' parting packages for their torturers. All of this laid itself out into a master mind of plans in the end. See, Rain would perform extractions, rescue missions whilst taking care of superiors like... Emmery.

Along the way she gained a reputation, a following. Rejects from other packs seeked her protection, of course to exist out-of-law is a death sentence on its own so it made perfect sense that they find protection, a new home and who better than the infamous vengeful Rain? But she was on the move and never in one place for too long, her lifestyle was a dangerous one and the 'following' became a problem. She couldn't keep off the radar while moving with hundreds of wolves. So those who were emotionally fragile or just needed serenity were sent home to Mama and our Rogue kept those who wanted to stay and be apart of this campaign. Amongst those who insisted were Rhea Roux, a twenty-two year old blonde whom Rain met during those first days on her own. The girl was much to Rain's chagrin, stubborn, clingy and very bold but she was tough, a fighter and that is exactly what our rogue needed in this aggressive time of her life. Then it was Blaze Khaya, a twenty-four year old bald, caramel skinned muscled gentleman with honey gold eyes, an intriguing insight into life and a voice that was as gruff as a growl. Last but not least, was Duke Laddin, the youngest and most troublesome of the group. The nineteen year old refused to separate from Rain ever since she snuck him out from a human orphanage, where he was being mistreated regardless of species. He tended to act out every now and then and he rather preferred the name Rush, because 'Duke is an old man's name'.

What Rain had now was a semi-organization that targeted packs who had a strong hand in terms of law since we all know how traditionalists tended to be extreme in their ways, and she dealt with those packs that had a cruel approach when it came to dealing with rogues. She was so damning in her approach that formal packs ended up acknowledging her presence and calling her in before they dealt with whatever rogue trouble they incurred; this was safer for them seeing as if she came on her own and not the other way around, she would come and rain hell on the pack instead.

There Rain preferred to leave with the prisoners instead of leaving them in the hands of packs. This gave her a chance to see if the wolf's life could still be salvaged or not. This was hard on our Rogue leader seeing as she ended up executing over 80 rogues just because they were they were too far gone. It was painful, to say the least because now she had on her hands the blood of those she swore to protect.

Rain ended up taking assignments, so to speak, from other packs in exchange for numerous things including alliance, protection, rogues in capture and millions in cash-- for the survival of her ever growing family.

She bought a large residential property on the city's edge, it was deep enough in the forest that her wolves could breathe and live privately but close enough to essential resources that would keep the building running. There she kept the wolves who wanted to stay with her, about 200 of them. All of these wolves were inclined to one thing or the other, she had some smart individuals who could operate IT like nothing she had ever seen before in her life, they were basically hackers but still, she formed a rather professional team out of her hackers  and together they synchronized the running of this operation Rain ran, the transfers of funds and communication with regards to the assignments themselves. That is where some of the money went and also towards their sustenance, this group and the one back with Mama.

 Other rogues were, in lay-man's terms, soldiers. They were the muscle of the group and they were too damn good. They only followed Rain into battle in case of big assignments, of which she insisted on because Mama would be pissed if they lost anyone of her children along the way. Their training was handled by Rain herself alongside Blaze and the way they were trained was such that each rogue could take on at least three opponents in a battle and they had each other's backs at all time in case of some falling weak during attacks.

All in all, Rain had sent back about 523 rogues to Mama, executed 80 and kept 203 by her and accomplished this in the span of 3 years. It wasn't bad according to her standards. 

****

A/N

Hi, I missed you

your Addict_101