Chapter 6

Rain

All my words had been mingled with tears and suicidal thoughts as I prayed, begged and wept for this day to come, but now that it was here all I wanted to do was skip it, if not to completely wipe it off the calendar. So, why was the 13th of July here?

Standing in front of a full length mirror, I was in awed of my appearance for this was a side of me I never thought I'd see. I looked beautiful that even Eva would be proud, if she still cared. I was wearing a black, backless satin and lace evening gown and my hair was in a slick fancy up-do courtesy of my Luna. I looked so pretty and my heart ached cause they'd made me this way just so I could seduce a 40-year old man against my will.

I've always heard the phrase "beauty has a price", is this what they meant?

"Looks like my job HERE is done." Lilly said with a relieved sigh while putting away all hair care products she'd been using on me before walking towards the door.

"You actually look decent for once. I'll go now, my mate needs his Luna by his side. Oh goddess, I must introduce my son to those people, I bet he doesn't remember all those faces!" She kept talking and I could tell it wasn't to me anymore.

"Just remember your part," She reminded me, again. Of course I knew my part, I was to seduce Alpha Emmery into an alliance with our pack, just drop down on the bed without a care in the world. Sick people.

"....so, no matter what, put him first and please, he actually HAS a future in this pack." She warned me as she walked back to her mirror to fix her crown braid once more. I remained silent whilst numbly looking at my reflection. What did she expect me to say? I didn't want this.

When her reflection appeared behind mine, I realized she's been waiting for me to acknowledge her words in some way, I met her stare straight on in the mirror.

"Yes Luna." There, wish granted. She shook her head before walking out of the room she'd requested for us. Of course she'd be excited to get to the party, she gets to show off her perfect mate, her perfect life, and her actually perfect dress. It was an Egyptian style white dress with golden ropes wrapping around just under her breasts. AND she would also get to show off her son, JJ

JJ is her 18 year old son who, unlike us ordinary teen wolves, went to the Leadership Academy for Supernaturals (LASN). Apparently those who would inherit packs, covens and the likes had to go there cause it catered to their urges and egos better, in my opinion anyways. I heard he just arrived and the party started an hour ago. Whatever Luna had to do with JJ, I was glad to be finally rid of her. Spending more than a week with her was more than I could stand, she'd dragged me shopping, to dental care and so many other other medical check ups that I felt like a hobo being set for rehabilitation. It also didn't help that to her friends she introduced me as 'just a little tramp on a mission'.

~~~~
Luna left for the party 30 minutes ago, the party started an hour and a-half ago, it was currently 8:30 pm and I was still stuck in front of the mirror. I was worried about my mate, angry at myself for being such a pushover and I felt hatred and disgust for the man who had "weird tastes in women". Gulping these feelings down, I finally forced myself out of the room with the faint hope that if my mother is down there, her parental instincts will kick her to my rescue should things get ugly.

I guess getting a Shelly-free-day was too much to hope for because there, blocking my was none other than Shelly with an audience. "So, I hear you're going for the Big Bad Wolf now," she said feigning annoyance as she eyed me up and down, her crew sneered at me while the males leered. "You going for old men now? What? Your peers too innocent for you, I mean, don't you ever stop?" She was speaking loud enough for everybody to hear.

I didn't have time for her petty behavior but I must've lost control of my mind and actions to Lara because next thing I knew it, I had Shelly pressed harshly against the wall with her neck in my choking grasp.

"Listen here you attention whore," I snarled, making her eyes widen to the size of saucers as she spluttered inaudible words.

"I've let you reign your terror upon us but our mate may be down there and let me tell you this: If you so much as get in the way of us finding him, I will NOT hesitate to snap your delicate little neck!" I slammed her to wall once before letting go of her.

"Melissa's offspring or not, you will NOT be spared." That was directed at all of them, its no small matter getting in between mates. With a growl to her face, I turned away fixing my dress some before leaving her with her worshipers gaping in shock and fear. They were right to be surprised, I never stood up for myself like that and Shelly obviously picked a bad time to mess with me it was enough to wake Lara up from her slumber.

Thanks you lazy wolf!

"You've been warned." I threw the words at them over my shoulder.

I went down for the other side of the 1st floor where a large room was usually set up for grand parties. I reached the top of the staircase and placed my hand on the banister as I began searching the crowd below for my, ahem, target.

I spotted the Hardings just as a shaken Shelly made her way to them, talk about quick. I also spotted Alpha Jackson and his mate standing with a group of men I'd never seen before.

Amongst them, there was one man who stood out, the one with a wild beard and a sturdy build.

Alpha Emmery

***
A/N

Thanks to @hernisab for the love shown to this story.