Chapter 26

3rd POV

It wasn't an easy sight to bear, two of the strongest warriors seemingly on their deathbeds inside the largest cabin in the territory. The isolated cabin was large enough to house thousands of wolves that needed special attention, and currently, one particular rogue and healer were the main priority as was the understanding of the only other person occupying the room besides the two patients.

Said person, a strapping young man of 17,  had never been so anxious. He took great care to 'not mess up' since he had precious people to look after on his own, his fault since he begged for the opportunity to prove his skills as a healing hand. Between shifting sides from one patient to the other and continuously changing out old cold presses for fresh ones, he was exhausted. This however  did not dampen his enthusiasm to see this task through nor his eagerness to know more about the mystery wolf that showed up at his pack. And it seemed that was happening sooner rather than later if the rough coughing from the cot behind him was any indication. Sparing not a second, the impressionable boy moved swiftly to the rogue's side, with a jug of water already in hand.

 The rogue by this time was grabbing onto her throat that was dry from thirst while trying to sit herself up; with one hand the young man helped lift her to a sitting position while leaning her weight more comfortably on the pillows behind her. This done, with his other free hand he let her take careful sips of water.

"Thank You" Said Rain after drinking her fill. "Its cool, 'm just doing my job." Replied the  curious young man, his eyes searching the rogue's for any signs of discomfort.

 Seeing this, Rain chose to wait despite the anxiety to know what the hell was going on, not wanting to start something in case it should end the same way it did with the old wolf. That she remembered vividly, so she waited on the young wolf's curiosity; he seemed about to burst anyway. Not long now, 3.2-

"What'syourname?!" Finally! Rain thought.

"My name is Rain, mother to the twins you're holding hostage. What's yours?" Rain wasted no time in making her displeasure obvious about her missing kids. "Oh no!" The boy jumped, almost tripping over his feet. "No! That's not what happened."  He raised his hands in surrender. "Please believe me."

Rain wasn't so convinced,peering here head towards the other cot, Rain asked. "Why did she fight me?" 

"Look, she means well and you have to trust me on this. She was just doing her job."

"By kidnapping my kids, provoking my wolf AND attacking me?!"

"She does NOT believe in a 'one size fits all' approach to healing like you all do out there in the modern world!" 

Rain shook her head dumbfounded, "What the hell was she thinking?! Can she not see how old  she is? What if I'd killed her? She triggered a monster I've been trying to keep under control for too damn long, that thing does not show mercy!" Rain was choking on her tears, she had almost murdered an elderly wolf? Surely that meant the rogue was taking over her sanity, it was finally over for her in her mind.

The young man took hold of her shaking hand and just held it. He had never seen a rogue who did not rejoice in being a rogue. Which started him wondering just who the hell was Rain and why was she currently on their pack grounds? His mind seemed to delve deeper with the questions, until finally he decided that he would enquirer this from his other patient.

"Look, she knows what she's doing." He gulped, looking straight at the roof. Rain sensed that he was somewhere deep in his memories. Bad ones at that. The young wolf shook his head before focusing right back on Rain. "If anything, she's the one person you should trust."

The young man felt naked, as if his soul was being stripped bare in front of the rogue. The look in her eyes, she was looking into him. her eyes were seeing right through him. After a silence that surely felt like a test on his spirit, the young man could finally breathe because the rogue gently squeezed his hand. He had earned her trust.

~~~~

It was a little after midnight, the duel having taken place within the last 24 hours. The silvery wolf was awake, having been this whole time. When her little man was conversing with the rogue, she was listening. When the rogue was questioning her healing abilities, she was awake. And when the pair had formed their fragile bond, she was aware. Looking over at the sleeping rogue who was fitful and shaking in her sleep; her covers kicked away and her body covered in sweat, the old wolf knew that it was time for the real mission. 

Being the kind of healer that she was, the silvery wolf could hear the manic voices in her head. Loud cries,  pained screams and dying hearts. Thousands of lost and abandoned souls crying for love, seeking guidance and in need of leadership. The rogue's voice had been the loudest the healer had heard by far and yet she had fought to keep her pain to herself, even trying to contain it. She had fought this powerful,   possession without help while at the same time, owning it. She did not understand that she had earned the respect of the feral beast within her, for they were fighting for one common goal: survival.

The silvery wolf had then lured her to this pack, because after being denied the blessing of her own biological offspring, it was revealed to her that she had many pups to mother already. That they would come to her in due time, and she had meditated and prayed and held on to this prophecy. Soon enough the words had come true and now the whole pack was made up of these pups she was promised in her youth. They all called her Mama and She loved them, she loved them all. But this was not the final count of heads to her knowledge, five hundred was not the rest of her children. She believed a lot of them were still misplaced and wandering, lost and suffering. 

They needed to come home, for their leader to find them. They needed their big sister; the rogue.

******

A/N

Hi loves, please comment and vote if you liked this chapter.

Addict loves you!