Twelve

Nicole was so nervous. She wasn't ready to meet this man family. All she know is they bet not jump stupid with her.

She got out of the car and went to the backseat to get Liyah out her car seat. The little girl meant so much to her and she just met her yesterday.

"Up, Up." Liyah said to Nicole. Nicole got her out her car seat and meet Jody at the door.

Jody ring the door bell. A Brown skin lady came to the door.

"Aww my Jody. I miss you son." She hugged Jody close to her.

"I miss you too ma. Work be getting into the way of me coming to see you." Jody said walking into his mother house. With Nicole behind him.

"Um ma I want you to meet a friend of mine, Nicole and my daughter Aliyah." Jody said introducing Nicole and Aliyah to his mama.

To say his mother was shock was not even the word. She look like she was about to pass out. Her son has a child and didn't tell her about her grand child until now. He must wanted his ass beat.

"Hello sweetie nice to meet you. I'm Paula Brown. This your baby?" Paula asked Nicole.

"No ma'am." Nicole said.

Aliyah just laid her head on Nicole shoulder.

"That child is very taken with you. She thinks you her mother. Don't try to play mother to my son's child if you not planning on being in her life." Paula said. No she wasn't saying it in a mean way, she was just letting Nicole know what was up.

Nicole just nodded her head in agreement. If her and Jody do stop talking. She wasn't going to turn her back on Liyah. She love the little girl already.

"Ma where pops at?" Jody said walking into the living room.

"Working on the farm. I had some crops that need picking and he's out back picking them. Do you guys want anything to drink or eat?" Paula asked them.

They shook their head no.

"Well let me hold my grandchild." Paula said holding arms out for Liyah. Liyah went to her.

"So Jody, who is Aliyah mother?" Paula asked Jody playing in Liyah hair.

Jody sucked his teeth and rolled his eyes.

"Her mother name is Angel."

"When she coming back to get Aliyah?"

"She's not, when we went to get a DNA test, Aliyah turned out to be mine. Angel just left and said she basically doesn't want to be in Liyah life no more." Jody said. He not going to tell his mother everything that happened. Hell he wasn't about to get slap.

"What kind of mother treats their child that way?" Paula said shaking her head.

"I really don't know. She won't have to worry about Liyah no more. After I take her ass to court. Excuse me mama didn't mean to cuss. Like I been saying when I take her behind to court she won't have to ever worry about seeing Liyah again. She denied me the rights of being a father until now. She told me when was going to abort the baby but she lied, then show up to my job to tell me about her." Jody said he could feel his self getting mad all over again.

Nicole grabbed his hand and smiled at him. He calm down a little bit.

Paula saw that and smiled to her self, maybe Nicole is what her son need, to stop his whorish ways.

"Hey there everybody." A voice said behind them.

Nicole looked and the man must have been Jody father. He don't look that old. Probably in his early fifties.

"Sup pops." Jody greeted him.

"Hello sir." Nicole greeted him with a smile.

"Why no food on the stove wo-" Jody father stopped talking when he saw the baby in Paula hands. He looked from Jody to Nicole to the toddler again.

"Well hello pretty baby. What's your name?" Jody father asked Liyah. He bend down to her height while she was on Paula lap.

"Li-ya." Liyah said shyly.

Jody father nodded his head.

"I'm John." He got up and went to sit by his wife and look at Nicole and Jody.

"Who might you be pretty lady?" John asked Nicole.

Nicole smiled.

"I'm Nicole."

"Nice to meet you. Like I been saying before, why is there no food on the stove woman?" John turned to Paula. She just rolled her eyes at him.

"I haven't start dinner yet. You can wait. You see we have guests over."

"Guests? Where the guests at? All I see is our son and his baby mama with their daughter." John said.

Everyone shooked their head no.

"Huh? This not your baby Jody?. You bringing hoes in my house now? You don't even bring no woman to meet us, then you going to be bring a hoe for the first time?" John said looking at Nicole sideways.

"Dad!" Jody yelled.

"John!" Paula yelled.

They called him at the same time.

Haha, you thought Paula had the slick mouth huh? Nope its all pops.

Nicole looked hurt, but cover it up. She wasn't about to sit and let no one call her out of her name. She will not disrespect Jody or his parents though. Especially in their house. So she politely got up and was heading to the door.

"Mama leaving Li-ya." She heard Liyah said.

She stopped and turn around to look at everybody. She couldn't leave Liyah like that. She went back to sit down in her seat.

"Apologize John now!" Paula said.

"Yeah pops you were way out of line man."

John looked at them like they done lost their mind. He was just calling it like he see it.

"What I look like apologizing to some hoe?. Probably trying to trap my son in to taking care of her little brat." John said folding his arms across his chest.

"Okay dad you going to far. That's my baby." Jody said standing up. "And Nicole is not a hoe. You need to stop judging people before you get to know them. Mom I'm sorry, but we have to leave." Jody said grabbing Liyah from his mother and pulled Nicole out her seat.

"I'm sorry about that." Jody said when they got into the car.

"It's cool, thanks for having my back." Nicole smiled.

"You good. I'm going to make it up to you. I promise." Jody said backing up out his parents drive way.

***********
What you think?

Was John wrong for what he said?

Awww Aliyah called Nicole mama!

Jody stood up for Nicole!

Comment

Vote

Share

*NewMommy014*