The way back

Soooooo.... Hello! I know, I know, it's been a long time, right? Sorry :'( I was in partials, so I haven't had time. Sorry!!!!

But now partials are almost over so I have time for this! Yay!

Enjoy!

______________

You suddenly heard one of the guards shout:

"Camera!"

And then chaos.

Guards were everywhere. Your dancers ran and stood in front of you, protecting you from the general view. The music had stopped as all the guards tried to find the person with the camera. Screams and shouting could be heard all around. You saw STARISH and Haruka on the back of the room, scared and confused.

You didn't know what to do. You were freaking out. Breathing heavily, you shielded yourself behind your friends.

But it was too much.

You felt strong arms embrace you from behind. They turned you around and placed a hand on the back of your head, so you could hide your face on his chest (or his neck, depending on how tall you are). You felt... protected.

"Let's get you out of here" You heard Ranmaru growl angrily. You suddenly remembered he didn't like crowds. Nodding, you closed your eyes and let Ranmaru lead you out of the stage.

"Someone call the car!" He shouted while walking you out. You could hear everyone was freaking out backstage, too. "Someone call the fucking car!"

Apparently, no one minded him, because you heard him mumble "Shit!"

Ranmaru pulled you out of the building and into the parking lot. "Come on, I'll take you to the car." With his arms still around you, he led you to a van. "Wait, I think I've got the spares..." He trailed off as he unwrapped his arms from your body and shoved them into his pockets, searching for the keys.

That was when you noticed there was a logo printed on the van. But it was too dark to recognize it.

"Uh... Maru?"

"Found them!" The car beeped, indicating it was open. "Get in." The grey-haired walked around the car and sat on the driver's seat. You opened the door and got in slowly while saying:

"Maru? Isn't this Quartet Night's van?" You closed the door and he started the car.

He then began driving towards the exit. "Yeah. So?"

Your eyes widened. "Wait! How are the other going to get home?!"

"Home, huh?" He chuckled bitterly, but after a moment of ignoring your question, he answered. "They can take a cab. Don't worry."

He kept on driving out of the parking lot and into the street.

"You want to go to Saotome Academy?"

You sighed. "I have no choice, do I? I need to hide."

Silence.

"...fucking stupid people." He growled.

"They're not stupid, Maru. They just don't know the repercussions of what they did."

"Well, they're ignorant!"

"Maru!" You looked at him angrily. These were your fans he was talking about.

The silver-haired man took a deep breath to calm down and moved the car to the side of the street, stopping. "I know, I know..." he said lowly. "I just- I just don't want you to disappear again."

Oh... You looked at him sadly. "I don't want to, either."

He shook his head, not looking at you. "No, you don't understand. I-" he sighed. "I don't want you to leave me."

You sat there, shocked.

"Maru..."

"Just forget I said anything, ok?" He started the car again. "Saotome's just a few kilometers from here."

"Maru-" You were cut off.

"No. Just don't."

Your heart felt heavy. Suddenly, the weight of reality and the tension you had felt the whole day weighed on your shoulders. Tiredness overwhelmed you, mentally and physically.

A single tear fell as you slipped out of conciousness.

My life is over...

_____________

I know, I know. You may think you're being overdramatic, but you aren't. D: Oh, yes, time to worry. More plot to come! Also, sorry this was so short, but I really need to sleep. Exams tomorrow! =/

Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter and expect many more to come, probably this Sunday. Peace out!