Traffic jam

You always hated days like these. Waking up in the morning to the sounds of Jiyong shuffling around the apartment, in and out of his closet, the bathroom, the kitchen, and anywhere in between. The sun hasn't even made itself known yet, closed curtains draping a familiar darkness over the bedroom. The only light comes from just down the hall. Jiyong is nothing but a silhouette as he moves, quickly but quietly, as if afraid of waking his girlfriend still left tangled in the rose-red sheets.

You've been awake for a good few minutes now, just lying and watching. Watching Jiyong ready himself for another leave to US. This time, he'll be gone for three consecutive weeks due to promotions. You sighs, dropping your head back into the pillow once he's left the room for the bathroom just down the hall. Stupid Japan promotions.If it weren't for your classes,you could easily tag along and share a room. And despite Jiyong's accusations of you distracting him whenever you goes with, you knows he absolutely revels in the sex he gets back in the Japanese hotel room every night you're there with him. You pulls yourself from the bed with a sigh, catching Jiyong in the hallway on his way back to the bedroom to complete his packing. "G'morning, sleepyhead." He greets you in a soft voice. "I didn't wake you, did I?"
 "No." You lies, trailing him back to his opened suitcase on the floor of his closet. "Can I go with you?"Jiyong zips the overflowing luggage, hauling it up with him as he stands. "I thought you had classes."
 "Can I just ride with to the airport? Maybe we can get some breakfast on the way there if we leave early enough."
 "How will you get home?"
 "I can drive your car back," you tells him as you're led into the dimly lit living room where Jiyong drops his luggage to the floor with athunk. The grimacing reaction he gives almost has you convinced it'll be a definite no. But contrary to his expression, he nods.
 "Hurry up, then. I have to be there at eight."

You do as he told you, nearly flying through the process of readying yourself. You showers although you had already done so the night before, and lets you wet hair air-dry, knowing they're pressed for time. You helps Jiyong transfer each luggage into the spacious trunk of his car. It's still relatively dark outside, which makes their task even harder. Sometimes he wouldn't have to leave until late afternoon, which meant spending nearly the entire day together before he'd have to depart for the airport.

"You ready?"you answers with a nod, joining Jiyong in his lamborghini. He reaches for the glove compartment, pulls at the pack of unopened cigarettes before he's even a block from their home— "What are you doing?"
 "What? I always have one before I get on the plane."
 "You know I don't like it when you smoke around me." You gently places the pack of cigarettes back in its respective spot, closing the glove compartment without a word. Jiyong accepts your gesture, though, knowing you absolutely hates cigarettes in your presence. That's one thing he's hardly grown used to since they first got together—he always has to be cautious on smoking now, biting into his tongue whenever he's in need of one and you are around. "Besides," you holds his hand in your lap, looks out the window at the early rising city passing by. "You don't taste good after you've been smoking."
 "Who said I was going to kiss you?"
You turns your head, watches your boyfriend as his eyes remain locked on the road. "That smirk on your face tells me we're going to make out in the airport parking lot before you have to leave."
His smirk breaks into a full smile, one of both a cunning and attractive demeanor. "What if we made out right now?"
 "Jiyong—"

He waits until the car is fully stopped at the front of the motionless intersection before leaning over, grabbing his girlfriend's face between two warm palms. He leads your headlong into an unforgiving and forbidden kiss, tongue toying with your objecting lips, which part only after a few seconds of soundless convincing. Jiyong smirks, tilts your head to deepen the tryst,yours hands clutching at his wrists—

A car horn blares from somewhere behind your car, Jiyong instinctively pulling away just in time to see the green light glaring down at him. With another smirk, he hits the accelerator. "Damn, baby, not when I'm driving." 
 "Don't even." You ignores his attempt to poke at you, eyes interlocking with the moving skyscrapers surrounding you. You loves being lost in the middle of the gorgeous city, Jiyong's hand against yours thigh and his fingertips toying with your nerves as they trace tiny unseen patterns against your skin. If only the end of your journey didn't mark your departure in the middle of an airport parking lot.
 "Damnit, are you kidding me?" Jiyong's voice is low and hidden beneath a sigh of disbelief as he hits the breaks and taps the steering wheel with a thumb. "Road construction. Son of a... don't they have a detour or something..." He glances over both shoulders, neck craning to see if there's any sign of a way around. Unfortunately, nothing. This is the only road leading to the airport and surrounding restaurants.