Lingerie

The heel of my bare left foot falls flat against the carpet beneath me as I slightly cock my body sideways, watching in the full mirror how the denim material shapes the gaunt frame of my leg. I shake my head, an iffy conscience prodding the front of my brain with its negative demeanor. These jeans look no different from the pair I tried on earlier. But just to be sure, I turn in the other direction with my eyes still intently fixated on how the material shapes my leg. Again, it looks no different. "I should've known," I mumble, head shaking again as I lock eyes with my own reflection.

It's some wonder why Jiyong still bothers to dote on a figure like mine. Sighing in deep thought, I subconsciously prod at the button of the jeans, only to be abruptly interrupted by a loud thud on the dressing room door. "Baby, come on," Jiyong's voice comes to me with a slight muffle from the other side. "Just because I promised a day of shopping, doesn't mean you can spend a half hour in the dressing room."
"What's the matter, fashionista?" I crack a smile, arm falling to my side as I lean up against the door with a cheek and palm pressed to the hard material. "Can't your girl have some fun with clothes, too?" After a slight pause of silence I find myself picking against my thumbnail, and grin timidly. "I just can't believe how disgusting I look in these."
For a few moments, Jiyong doesn't say a thing. But then as if reality had suddenly struck him hard, he mutters sternly from the other side, "You know how beautiful I think you are, baby. I'm sure you look fine."
"Jiyong," I groan with a whine and let it hang loosely in the air between us, just like the wooden door. I continue to pick at the nail of my thumb, thankful the door is where it is. Had it not been there, Jiyong would've witnessed the severe reddening of my cheeks. And along with the blushing, my teeth involuntarily sink into the pout of my lower lip as a smile spreads again.
"Here, I got you this while I was waiting." He interrupts the dreaming of my reality yet again, just in time for something soft and lacy to hit my bare foot. "Try it on and let me see it."
The thin cloth barely covers my wiggling toes as I reach down to collect it in my hand with curiosity. My fingers slip with ease through the silk material of the garment I just picked up. Maybe with a little too much ease. With a cautious look, I glide the thin material between my thumb and finger before holding it up with both hands to finally see at a full angle. Hardly a few inches from the hem of the waist to the lace of the bottom, I know something so tiny would never fit. Then again, leave it to Jiyong to decide on something so vulgar. "Oppa!" My voice reverberates from the walls enclosing me within the small space, slipping through the wood of the door like a liquid lacking viscosity. "I am not trying these on!"
"Yes you are. And this, too."

My gaze shifts back down to the carpeted floor beneath my bare feet just in time to see the matching bra being kicked under the door and into the dressing room, the tip of Jiyong's sneaker coming into view just slightly. With a low, objecting huff, I bend down to unwillingly collect the second garment along with the first.
"It's your punishment for making me wait so damn long."
"Jiyong," I begin my objection with a low groan, my shoulders slumping to match. "I will not try these on, I mean it."
As if he'd prepared ahead of time for my refusal, he retaliates: "Try them on, or I'm not buying you anything today. I mean it."
I could easily fight my way out of it, being that Jiyong would buy me anything as soon as asked. But something in the stern sound of his voice screams his mindset. Plus, it's the least I could do after making him wait on me for so long. After all, it's just for show, right? At least I'll never have to wear it again.
I slip from the abrasive, denim material and eye the matching mess of black lace before me strewn against the beige carpet. I can picture the exact reaction Jiyong had whilst choosing such an outfit. What the hell was he doing wandering the lingerie section, anyway?

"Are they on yet?"
"No," I respond quickly, forcing the lace to stretch and bend over my skin as I tug up the panties he'd so keenly picked out for me to wear. Upon the sight, I scowl in disgust. Never in my life had I thought I'd get away with wearing such a vulgar piece of clothing. The dark weavings of lace create an ornate pattern against the color of my skin as I pull the material up around my waist. The black hem hugs my hips tightly, and I have to sneer at the sight of my reflection.
"Finished now?"
"No, Jiyong."