♦baker - CHAPTER 7♦

Second bell rang, more people show up. People were paired up in groups to cook an easy cake roll, a simple but hard dessert to master after a long hot day..

Tenten and (y/n)

Sakura and Sasuke

Naruto and Hinata

Choji and Shino

Neji and Lee

Shikamaru and Kiba

Gaara and Kankuro

Ino and Temari

Sai and Matsuri

Tenten and I have to roll the cake roll better than everyone elses and put it together. Ironic how Kurenai explains it since we all have the same ingredients as the next person. The only way it can taste different is if you don't roll it right or you don't read the instructions right or even add to much of something. Hopefully, Tenten and I win the competition - although I'm not very competitive.

Tenten will work on getting the ingredients for the filling and I'll work on adding them and baking the sponge cake. Okay.

Three eggs.

Vegetable oil cooking spray.

Third of a cup of Flour

4 Tablespoons of Butter.

3 Whole eggs.

2 egg yolk.

A pinch of salt.

Cocoa Powder.

Mixing it really works your wrists. The batter seems gooey enough to be into the baking tray.

I pour all of the mixture into a very long rectangular baking tray.

Voila - now time to add it in the oven.

I turn from the kitchen top to see Ino hovering over my cake roll batter.

"Yes, Ino?" I say to her.

"Oh nothing - good job!" She says joyfully.

"Thanks." I reply back.

I see that Tenten isn't having any trouble with the filling since it's the easiest job for the secondary person on the recipe.

Everyone else seems to be having no trouble with their cake mix, so thats good.

I soon get back to the cake batter, placing on my hand mits - kneeling down next to the side of the oven and placing the cake batter inside.

Tenten turns the dial for the oven on high for 40 minutes with heaps of time left.

**30 minutes later, after seeking a conversation with other groups.**

Tenten checks the cake by sticking a toothpick in the cake, it comes out clean so it must be ready. Tenten takes it out, and starts to lay the cake down. I idle behind Tenten and hover above her to see her adding the filling. Shes doing good.

I leave Tenten with rolling the cake job to her.

I walk over to the cabinet where all the plates are stored and I take out three. One more myself, Tenten and Kurenai - the cooking teacher. Tenten transfers the cake onto the plate - putting it on the serving table with a paper bag under it saying it is ours.

I cut a small piece off for Kurenai straight through clean. I cut the rest of it half for myself and Tenten.

**10 minutes later, all groups have served their cake.**

"Okay, everyone. I'm going to taste test everyone's sample of the chocolate cake roll. I'll be judging it on taste, texture and apearance." Kurenai announces.

"Everyone exit the kitchen, so I can judge the sample cakes and to make it more intense." Kurenai adds.

All students exit the kitchen and wait outside to figure out who won the winning cake. Everyone begins to talk about who will win and people doubting themselves.

I hear many voices in the background about their cake and stressful lives.

"I honestly came out here to have fun but I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now."

"Ugh."

"Is she done yet?"

"*Whispering* Are you okay?"

"You squirrel looking cun.."

"My OTP is Kankuro from 3B with Neji"

" ♫Never going to give you up, never going to... --♫ "

"The more you know."

"Basic bitches..--"

"Yeah, he is."

*Heavy breathing.*

"I hope Lee makes a move on Temari."

And more muffled noises in the background.

I overheat with this feeling known as paranoia around me - like everyone is talking to me.

"You look pale.." Tenten whispers over to me - barely trying to understand what shes trying to say.

**10 minutes later, all groups return inside the kitchen.**

Tenten and I return to our station to recieve the score. The scoring sheets are turned over to not be seen.

"Do not turn over your score sheets, the scores are out of 10 and feedback for how it tasted." Kurenai states.

"Most of your cakes were very good. The winners are..."