Three || Wonwoo

||Movies||

You were on your way out of class when you felt someone put their arm around your shoulders. You looked up to see Wonwoo, one of your friends.

"Are you busy today?" Wonwoo asked you and you shook your head in return.

"Why?" You asked, and he smiled.

"Would you like to go to the movies with me? Just us two."

"Sure, it sounds like fun." You agreed and you both walked to the cinema down the road from school. As you walked, you noticed he slowly took his arm away, nervously. You looked up at him and he was blushing slightly. 

 You pretended you didn't notice and followed him into the building. You used to always think he was cold, until you got to know him and he was one of the nicest people you knew. You stood next to him and looked up at the posters for all of the movies. They all seemed to be either comedy or scary movies. 

"What do you want to watch?" He asked you and you looked up at him, shaking your head. 

"I don't mind," You answered, "What would you like to watch?" He looked at the movies in thought. When he was done thinking he pointed to a poster of one of the horror movies. 

"Let's watch this one!" He said and you looked at him. You could feel your dread already, and you were scared he would think you were a baby or a coward if you got scared during the movie. You nodded your head slowly in acknowledgement. 

"Don't worry, it will be fun," He smiled, "I'll go buy the tickets and some popcorn." He ran off in the direction of the till. You followed him, walking slowly and he was already ordering the popcorn when you got there since there weren't any lines.

"Got the tickets?" You asked him. He nodded in return. "How much do I owe you?" 

He shook his head, "Nothing, it's on me." You playfully glared at him.

"I want to pay half!" You insisted, feeling bad if he pays for everything and he continued to shake his head. "Have you paid for the popcorn?" You asked him, you had an idea. 

He shook his head, "No, but-" He was cut off when the attendant came with the popcorn. "Here is your order," She said and proceeded to tell you the balance. You quickly pulled out enough money from out of your bag and placed it on the counter. She took the money and gave you the change. You took the popcorn and handed it to Wonwoo, who was pouting. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" You asked him and he continued to pout. 

"You should have let me pay." He complained. 

"I just paid for the popcorn."

"Movie popcorn is expensive." 

"Not as expensive as a ticket," You argued and he gave up on the subject, shrugging. He gave the two tickets to the attendant and you followed him into the cinema where the movie would be shown. The lights were still on inside the cinema which meant that neither the adverts nor the movie had started yet. You both took your seats and made small talk while waiting for the adverts to start. 

You felt nervous throughout the adverts, worried about the movie and how scary it would be. When they ended, the cinema darkened and the movie began. The beginning was all right for you, you weren't scared at all. However, thirty minutes in was when the movie began taking a turn for the worst. 

It got scarier by the second and you were worried that if there was a jump-scare, you'd have the fright of your life and embarrass yourself in front of Wonwoo. The movie was silent and was fairly cliche, the girl walking into a room, not looking at the ceiling and when she did, the killer was right above her. It scared you, so you gasped and were on the verge of screaming. You were thankful that you didn't scream, but Wonwoo still noticed you were scared. 

While you were preoccupied on the movie and trying your best not to get scared, he put his arm around your shoulders. You looked at him and he smiled. 

"Don't worry, I'm here." He smiled and you felt better almost instantaneously. Within an hour the movie had ended, and you were happy that you weren't given a scare again because of Wonwoo. You left the building and noticed it was already late evening outside. 

"Thank you for the movie and everything," You said very softly, still scared from the movie, but he heard it. 

"I'm sorry it scared you." He stared at you with the ghost of a smile. 

"Don't worry." You smiled and he hugged you. You were surprised by the hug and slowly hugged him back.

"I will worry because I don't want to make you scared." You heard him say.